Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Should I Keep My T180?

Ladyowner

There is a T180 wheel complete with tyre on the bay which could be used for a spare - newly listed & @ £50 at the moment.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Big Kev

• Gav rav

• sonixtorm

• Ladyowner

I have a couple of spare T180 18'' alloys with Bridgestone run flats, one tyre is legal (just) and the other should be replaced if you are going to use it for any period of time. The alloys have some bubbles and kerding by previous owner, otherwise perfectly usable. Would sell for £100 each, let me know if anyone is interested.

Cheers

JHL

Sorry, did not realise.

Have now tried to 'Upgrade' membership but there is a problem with the PayPal option, will keep trying.

• 3 weeks later...

I am having the exact same thoughts !

Mine are mainly due to the worrying reports of the head gasket going on the T180 when its about 7 years old !! (mine is a 2006)

I got rid of the run flats and had Yokohama Geolanders put on, I kept the sensors.

I am having trouble as so many of the 4x4 are gas guzzlers !

Good luck and keep us posted,

I am having the exact same thoughts !

Mine are mainly due to the worrying reports of the head gasket going on the T180 when its about 7 years old !! (mine is a 2006)

I got rid of the run flats and had Yokohama Geolanders put on, I kept the sensors.

I am having trouble as so many of the 4x4 are gas guzzlers !

Good luck and keep us posted,

Not difficult as ya all know......I am totally lost.....

• 2 weeks later...

Keep your rav4. I have owned my rav4 T180 for 2 years and i love it great for when the snow comes

I have brought a wheel of eBay because i tow a caravan and with run flats you can not carry on driving if you get a flat tyre so spare wheel comes in handy.I am second owner and change 3 tyres two worn on front and screw in back one, 28000 miles on clock so hopefull another 28000 miles before next change.

I had no problem with oil and have service every year, car is now four and half years old and plan to keep it for a long time.

My head gasket and dpf have just gone, im looking at 3 grand bill currently!

Warranty ??????????????????

Oh No, sorry to hear that ......what do Toyota say ? Currently shooping around as mine is a 2006 T180 !

Its 6 year old and done 85k miles. i called toyota uk as my dealer hasnt been helpful and they said they would investigate, i got everything crossed at the moment! As soon as its sorted im getting rid which is a shame as love the car!

Its 6 year old and done 85k miles. i called toyota uk as my dealer hasnt been helpful and they said they would investigate, i got everything crossed at the moment! As soon as its sorted im getting rid which is a shame as love the car!

I think you should read this ?

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=132178#entry1175067

In short if your car has reasonable service history which does not have to be Dealer history and the car is under 7 years old and 111.000 miles you should be covered.....

Cheers for this info i am getting on the phone first thing! i have had a lindop tunning box fitted though,, would this affect anything?

I have sent both Gav and SMH13 pm's - niether have replied!!!

I have sent both Gav and SMH13 pm's - niether have replied!!!

Not ignoring you.....never knew ! Have now replied , Thank you for your help

I know exactly what you mean, I spent last night on auto trader and cannot find anything as good or with that spec ! It is very disappointing and I must admit has put me off Toyota .

Thanks for message i didnt know i had them and cant access from smart phone

I was looking on autotrader last night and fancy the Tiguan but to get the spec of the T180 you are looking at least 15k!

I was looking on autotrader last night and fancy the Tiguan but to get the spec of the T180 you are looking at least 15k!

Depending which bits of the spec appeal the most, the Qashqai in Tekna trim is pretty close. Not as refined as the T180 (and likely not as capable as a 4x4), but it's an entertaining drive, somewhat surprisingly the build quality appears to be better than the Rav and it is costing vastly less to keep on the road than the T180.

Depending which bits of the spec appeal the most, the Qashqai in Tekna trim is pretty close. Not as refined as the T180 (and likely not as capable as a 4x4), but it's an entertaining drive, somewhat surprisingly the build quality appears to be better than the Rav and it is costing vastly less to keep on the road than the T180.

I had a Qashqai Tekna and the build quality was excellent (but so is my RAV), the equipment level was very good (and the glass roof was sublime) but - at least for my lowly powered 1.5DCi - it was a very uninvolved and forgettable drive and the road holding was much inferior to the RAV4.

Also... The 2.0 4x4 Qashqais have awful economy (which is why the vast majority on the road are 4x2 1.5D (and now 1.6D) versions)

I may take a look at the nissan, although they seem to be everywhere!

I had a Qashqai Tekna and the build quality was excellent (but so is my RAV), the equipment level was very good (and the glass roof was sublime) but - at least for my lowly powered 1.5DCi - it was a very uninvolved and forgettable drive and the road holding was much inferior to the RAV4.

Also... The 2.0 4x4 Qashqais have awful economy (which is why the vast majority on the road are 4x2 1.5D (and now 1.6D) versions)

Ive had a look at the Tekna on autotrader , seem very good. The interiors of the Juke look even better, pity about the engine.

I can imagine the 1.5/1.6 being underpowered. The 2.0 4x4 petrol we have is returning 36-38 on a run and 30 around town, which isn't fantastic, but better than I ever managed to get out of the T180 (plus the 5%-ish saving on unleaded).

Driving an MR2 Roadster during the week makes everything seem a bit sterile, but I've enjoyed driving the Rav & the Qashqai in pretty equal measure to be honest.