Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Should I Keep My T180?

Ladyowner

I may take a look at the nissan, although they seem to be everywhere!

That is a problem. Best you can hope for is an unusual colour.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Big Kev

• Gav rav

• sonixtorm

• Ladyowner

They do produce a QQ 1.6 diesel with 4wd, but they are so new that there is virtually none for sale secondhand. This model QQ will eventually replace the gas gusseling 2ltr diesel 4wd.

Regards Clare

Just about every other Qashqai on the road seems to be black, so a colour to avoid if you want to be even slightly different ;)

I did over 2,000 miles in my Qashqai in just 10 days on a trip from Scotland to Italy and it was very comfortable indeed and, as mentioned, that glass roof allowed great views of the Austrian mountains :D

Changing from a T180 to a Qashqais would be a fair change in dynamics I would say, though :)

Have I stumbled into the Crashqui Owners' Club Forum???

Have I stumbled into the Crashqui Owners' Club Forum???

No; this is 'T180 Survivors'. You'll be needing the second door down on the right ;)

Sorry; this is my fault. Posted a response to a genuine question and it sort of spiralled.

and as such it is far more relevant than some of our other ramblings - feel free...........

Changing from a T180 to a Qashqais would be a fair change in dynamics I would say, though :)

Definitely! The effortless power from the T180 was great. The Qashqai (like most other normally aspirated petrols carrying any weight) needs to be revved, but it's potent enough to be useful.

I'd have likely gone for the 2.0 diesel, but I'd had enough of DPFs for a little while :)

A word of warning on Nissan - we came from a 2.2 X-Trail Aventura to the T180. We had a number of issues with the X-Trail which may not be the same case with the Qashqai but when we did visit the main dealers we may as well have walked in to Nando's and asked them could they fix our car as they would have been more helpful!!

In the 2.5 years we had a Nissan we seen everything from a guy wanting to buy a new truck being turned away as the salesman for the trucks was on lunch!! Surely selling a car is selling a car if you work in a one brand dealership?? I had a jumped up admin/answer the phone/didn't know the first thing about cars wench scream at me across a crowded showroom - the list goes on and it's not just me who has experienced bad customer service with Nissan. I know a number of people who have Skyline GTR's (£65k+ a go) who get treated like they have just tied their horse up outside!!

So, in a nutshell, get your T180 chipped (Kingo is your man) if MPG is bothering you and keep it :thumbsup:

I just hope Toyota will fix my car as don't want to get rid of it!

I just hope Toyota will fix my car as don't want to get rid of it!

The warranty tends to favour major issues, so hopefully you will be okay. If you've got a half-decent service history and some evidence of carbon-clogging I think they would find it hard to avoid doing something based on the Toyota extended warranty. I have no experience of Toyota in Cardiff, but can wholeheartedly recommend North Road Garage in Builth Wells.

I just spoke to Toyota and they have been questioning my service history as i have had it done by a local garage and am nearly 2k over the service interval, i have totally missed it as the light never came on. I got everything crossed at the moment that they will agree!!

I just spoke to Toyota and they have been questioning my service history as i have had it done by a local garage and am nearly 2k over the service interval, i have totally missed it as the light never came on. I got everything crossed at the moment that they will agree!!

From what I have read, the local garage servicing is fine (although I'd be surprised if they didn't ask you to evidence the work completed in some way). Not sure what the policy is on mileage over the interval, but I guess they need to speak to Toyota to get it authorised. If you get stuck at this stage, it would be worth consulting one of the oracles around here as to the best approach with Toyota GB, but hopefully you will be fine.

• 2 weeks later...

What's the worry about run flats !! Personally I think they are great - when you buy a T180 you know (or should have done the homework) that the tyres are quite costly to replace but think of the safety factor in having them. Keep a list of tyre dealers or Toyota garages that will change them in your vehicle.

Yes and I do have a spare but only carry it when I am on holiday well away from home.

I could buy a new Rav or two as I have just sold a building but I like my T180 so much that it will be retained for a much longer period.

Guy

What's the worry about run flats !! Personally I think they are great - when you buy a T180 you know (or should have done the homework) that the tyres are quite costly to replace but think of the safety factor in having them. Keep a list of tyre dealers or Toyota garages that will change them in your vehicle.

Yes and I do have a spare but only carry it when I am on holiday well away from home.

I could buy a new Rav or two as I have just sold a building but I like my T180 so much that it will be retained for a much longer period.

Guy

Absolutely Guy....ye pays yer money and takes yer choice, but for us mere mortals with no building to sell, we decided that the price per corner to replace these bordering on the illegally cartelled apparati was totally unreasonable. Furramore, the actual ride quality of what is an utterly superb car is somewhat enhanced, never mind being able to source tyres at half the price that Toyota and Bridgestone FIXED in what is supposed to be a free marketplace.

I thought the chap at RRG was going to kiss me when he saw I had removed the Flunrat System....probably coz he had a buyer whose stipulation was no runflats, as the car was gone almost immediately. Also you are dead right on homework should be done, but it would be nice if Toyota Salesmen were upfront on replacement costs....that would incur a much longer forecourt time I am absolutely certain.

Big Kev

I agree whole heartedly with Kev.. Yes of course homework should be done but sometimes the desire to want the highest spec for the budget or year of car we are buying blinds us at times ??

I like Kev replaced the run flats but instead of doing away with them permanently I bought wheels and tyres and the original set now reside in a lock up..

Ride is enhanced greatly and anyone that has made the switch will I'm sure agree ...

Did I do the homework ?? Well...............Err ...................................Nah not really .... :blushing:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links