Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My Rav4 Engine Sound Problem....

DavidLuiz

Hi all,

I am a new member and I have a question, hoping that someone can help me out...

My RAV 4x4 Diesel Limited Editon sounds from time to time.

It sounds like "whoooooooo" and its near the perculator/turbo....I tried to find the cause but failed to do it..

Has anybody the same problem? I only can hear it on some days...not on every day and some other guys in my place do have the same problem. The my local Toyota-Garage don't know for what this problem is.they replied me thtat they are still working on it...

Any ideas about that? Anybody with the same Problem?

petrol rav4

at idle or under load ? the turbo creates whistle sound when all is in order with it (under load or when revved up)

video please

regards

Hi all,

I am a new member and I have a question, hoping that someone can help me out...

My RAV 4x4 Diesel Limited Editon sounds from time to time.

It sounds like "whoooooooo" and its near the perculator/turbo....I tried to find the cause but failed to do it..

Has anybody the same problem? I only can hear it on some days...not on every day and some other guys in my place do have the same problem. The my local Toyota-Garage don't know for what this problem is.they replied me thtat they are still working on it...

Any ideas about that? Anybody with the same Problem?

Can you trace this noise as coming from the fuel filter area ? Well documented problem on here a couple of years ago.

Big Kev

Something like this?

I have the same problem! Toyota addressed it as fuel filter head's fault, but toyota dealer replaced filter head and filter and after a month of silence, i had that sound back again! I took car to toyota again and they again changed fuel filter head - this time for free, because last one might of been defective, and now, after about two months or less i have the same sound!

So i decided not to worry and live with it, because car runs fine!

so dudes, is this sound not a reason of something bad and it is not harming the engine or something?, and i also have to reconciled with this sound for ever? :) maybe someone solved this problem in other way? i have heard that it can be some turbo pressure gauge fault or something like that?

No its just high pressure fuel forcing its way past valves in the filter head.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links