Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Oil Consumption

robertdees

I have got a 2001 avansis wagon 1.8 VVTI and the engine runs for about 42000 km. When checking oil I was very upset cause the oil level had dropped.

I checked the oil consumption for sometime and it varies very much.

Sometimes 0.2 a 0.3 litres in 1000km and also 0.7 litres in 1000 km under the same conditions but more highway km at 140-150km/h.

Does anyone with the same motor have the same.

I'm very dissapointed in this and I also believe toyota has a duribility problem (at least my car). I bought the car new and drive not as a formule 1 driver and not as a old men. I mostly drive with my wife and two children so I can say i'm not a racer or something like that.

Hi, me agian.

With 45000 km in 2003, my new toyota dealer did a repair and changed the piston rings and the oil scraper rings. Also they replaced the valve rubbers al under warranty!!!!!

The oil consumption stopped and was zero.

In 2007 with 100.000 km it started all over. The oil consumption has started again. I mentioned it to my fantastic dealer in Holland. I mentioned it again in 2007 with 126.000 km on the clock. My car was 6 1/2 year old.

In january 2008 they changed the engine with a new short block. This means all the rotating parts of the engine has been replaced.

I am very very pleaced with my dealer and with the action of toyota to make this kind of repair, under warranty after 6 1/2 year. CHAPEAU.........

Hi,

Do a search in this group for 'oil consumption litre' and you'll see a thread called 'smoky exhaust'. The second or third entry there may be of interest.

Bye.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links