Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fuel Injectors Cleaning In Service 30000Km

kai3747

hi i asked toyota garage here in Cyprus what are they check and do in a regular service of my toyota iq 1.0 2008 model cvt, and they told me some thing including "cleaning the injectors" , ...... i know that my car is not diesel :) when i told this to a mechanic he laugh.does anyone know exactly how they do this in iq or any similar issues to authorised garage????

Sounds like a con. Its not a part of any service on a Toyota engine. Unless they add something like BG244 to the fuel.

Sounds like they just add a bottle of injector cleaner into the fuel supply. Waste of time at 30k though.

Fish

One of the oldest garage tricks in the book.

"Yes sir it a special injector cleaner which only cost us one pound but we charge you £10 - it'll make your car much smoother and economical and whatever else it says on the tin" If it ain't listed on the bill it will be added to the overall price - you'll never notice.

Some of these so-called magic potions do contain an octane enhancer which may give the car a bit of a pep for a few days or so making the dirver believe his injectors did need cleaning.

If this was in the UK I would suspect that the place would have a Good Garage Scheme sign on the wall

Del

;) thanks o alot friends, the same thing they told me about breke fluid that i have to change it at 30000 km;) isnt it to early for that ??

Brake fluid needs to be changed every !8 months/ 2 years as it attracts water.Failing to change it can effect brake performance.

Brake fluid is now commonly recommended by manufacturers to be changed first at 3 years and then each 2 years after that.

(Check what Toyota UK & Toyota Worldwide recommend.)

The brake fluid can be checked for moisture content, by people that have a Test Kit..

Surely over the past 5 to 6 decades Brake Fluid along with oils had become better.

Thought must be given to vehicles where the Clutch & brake fluid is one and the same.

An iQ that has had a 'Brake Pipe' recall and the Brake Pipe replaced Should have had a Brake Fluid replacement already.

This really should be in the Service Record.!!

But since it is likely not to be, best get a Toyota Dealership to check Recalls & Warranty work that the vehicle has had done, VIA the Database.

george

Our other car is 2009 Grande Punto. Fiat (or our local dealer) recommend changing brake fluid when the car was 2 years old then every 12 months after that :o I don't get their thinking on that one, yes every two years, but when they change the fluid after the second year it is new fluid, so why does it only last for one year after? I told them not to change it this year, it will get dome next year when the replacement fluid is two years old again.

Brake fluid is now commonly recommended by manufacturers to be changed first at 3 years and then each 2 years after that.

(Check what Toyota UK & Toyota Worldwide recommend.)

The brake fluid can be checked for moisture content, by people that have a Test Kit..

Surely over the past 5 to 6 decades Brake Fluid along with oils had become better.

Thought must be given to vehicles where the Clutch & brake fluid is one and the same.

An iQ that has had a 'Brake Pipe' recall and the Brake Pipe replaced Should have had a Brake Fluid replacement already.

This really should be in the Service Record.!!

But since it is likely not to be, best get a Toyota Dealership to check Recalls & Warranty work that the vehicle has had done, VIA the Database.

george

Does not matter how good a brake fluid is it still attracts water.

The 2 mondeos i had, the change period was 18 months.

Many years ago i read an article by either Lockheed or Girling stating that most moisture enters the braking system through the brake hoses,

Strange when you think that the moisture is at atmospheric presssure and gets into the system but the brake fluid under heavy braking, so very high pressure cant pass through a healthy hose..

Except silicone brake fluid.

"Unlike standard, glycol based,clutch/brake fluid, Automec DOT 5 - silicone fluid is non - hygroscopic which means it does not absorb moisture. This will help prevent corrosion in the system and, under heavy braking conditions, it tends not to boil. Also, it won't harm paintwork if spilt.

NOTE; It is completely safe to mix Automec DOT 5 silicone clutch/brake fluid with standard, Glycol based, clutch/brake fluid. However, in order to obtain the maximum performance benefits, it is best to drain the brake system refill with Automec Dot 5 silicone fluid.

A 1 litre bottle is usually sufficient to replace the fluid in most vehicles. Use the 500ml bottles for topping up."

There was a garage here in Norfolk that offered a changing brake clutch fluids service.to synthetic But read some place that there is some draw back to using.it.

The old senile decay strikes again and i cannot remember why

The claim is that DOT 5 brake fuid and any other synthetic brake fluid if put in a brake system that has not had reguler fluid changes can mix with any gunge etc and cause blockages and effect any brake seals by making them swell.

Some people deny this but i expect it down to the condition of components before the change is made.

It seems there is a DOT 5.1 that is not synthetic.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links