Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla 2.0 D4D - Chaincam And Dmf?

Cyker

Is there such thing as a Corolla 2.0 D4D with a chain cam or are they all belt driven?

Also, were they ever made with SMF's like the 1.4's or are they all DMF?

Is there such thing as a Corolla 2.0 D4D with a chain cam or are they all belt driven?

Also, were they ever made with SMF's like the 1.4's or are they all DMF?

as far as i know. from 2005 they are chain driven.if they have the 1ad-ftv

1AD-FTV

1AD-FTV Manufacturer Toyota Production 2005-present Displacement 1998 cc Cylinder bore 86mm Piston stroke 86mm Compression ratio 15.8:1 Fuel type diesel Power output 126 bhp (94 kW) Torque output 310 N·m (229 lb·ft) at 1600 - 2200 rpm

• Turbocharged

Applications:

belt driven- is the cd engine 1cd ftv

the Toyota CD engine is a 1,995 cc (122 cu in) diesel engine used in the Toyota Corolla, RAV4 and other vehicles. It is a DOHC engine with a bore of 82.2 mm (3.24 in) and stroke of 94.0 mm (3.70 in) with 110 hp (82 kW). The CD Series engines have now largely been replaced by the AD engine. There were two versions: the 1CD-FTV and the more powerful 2CD variant.

forgive me if im wrong but that is my understanding.

regards to the 1.4 d4d- most toyota diesel come with a dmf set up.

'2003 - 2005 Toyota Yaris D-4D

Price: £4,000-£6,000

Very comfortable for such a small car and capable of long distances very economically. £35 tax (£30 next year). Chain-cam diesel and no history of dual-mass flywheel failure.'(taken from the daily telegraph)

There are solid flywheel coversions, but some people who have had them done advise not to.

more info on the 1.4 engine.

The Toyota ND is an inline 4 Toyota diesel engine used in both Japanese and European markets.

[edit]1ND-TV

The 1ND-TV (1.4 D-4D) is a compact Inline 4 turbocharged diesel engine. Introduced into European market in 2002 with the Yaris XP1, it was Toyota's first diesel engine to be equipped with an aluminium cylinder block. Principal aims of its development were low emissions and fuel consumption, reduction of mass (dry weight is 99 kg) and reduction of noise.

Technical specifications of the latest engine version:

* Toyota Corolla 1.4 D-4D, NEDC

• From 2010 the engine was improved to deliver 205 Nm from 1600 rpm and 90 hp at 3800 rpm.

source: http://www.toyota.co...s July 2009.pdf

Applications

Ahh, that helped a bit.

Turns out there is no Corolla 2.0 D4D with a chaincam, at least in the UK; The later models that had it weren't released here (We only get the Auris).

Seems they are all DMF too, although there are aftermarket conversions.

I was curious about that as the Mk1 Yaris 1.4 D4D has a SMF; It's only the Mk2 and onward that have a DMF.

Ahh, that helped a bit.

Turns out there is no Corolla 2.0 D4D with a chaincam, at least in the UK; The later models that had it weren't released here (We only get the Auris).

Seems they are all DMF too, although there are aftermarket conversions.

I was curious about that as the Mk1 Yaris 1.4 D4D has a SMF; It's only the Mk2 and onward that have a DMF.

okay, so i take upto 2007 in uk corolla comes with the 1cd-ftv engine with a belt cam.

what is it that your actually looking for?

Mostly curiosity; We thought my bro's Corolla 2.0 D4D was chaincam because almost all 2.0 D4Ds seem to be chain cam, but it turned out to be belt, and we were wondering whether this was unusual, but it turns out it is the norm :(

I was wondering if some models were chain, as then he could have exchanged his for a chain cam one, but sadly that's clearly not possible unless he got an import!

Mostly curiosity; We thought my bro's Corolla 2.0 D4D was chaincam because almost all 2.0 D4Ds seem to be chain cam, but it turned out to be belt, and we were wondering whether this was unusual, but it turns out it is the norm :(

I was wondering if some models were chain, as then he could have exchanged his for a chain cam one, but sadly that's clearly not possible unless he got an import!

why would you want the chain one?

alot of people have advised me the 1cd-ftv is more reliable than the 1ad-ftv.

alot of the ad engines have to have the engines replaced under warranty due to headgasket problems.

Really?? Lucky this was only hypothetical then :lol:

I figured the chain would have been better; I must admit I do like the idea that I don't have to worry about timing belt changes on my Yaris :D

Really?? Lucky this was only hypothetical then :lol:

I figured the chain would have been better; I must admit I do like the idea that I don't have to worry about timing belt changes on my Yaris :D

read this

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=132277&st=10

pay attention to the warranty bulletin, auris is effected,

search through the avensis forums its flooded with headgasket problems.

I rather have the 1cd-ftv than the 1ad-ftv even though its got less power.

read this aswell

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=139173

Ahh, yes, I'd forgotten about that thread! Nasty...

Pity tho', the labour costs for changing the timing belt on the Corolla are pretty high, but it does look like a bit of a PITA compared to my old Fiesta's! :lol:

Ahh, yes, I'd forgotten about that thread! Nasty...

Pity tho', the labour costs for changing the timing belt on the Corolla are pretty high, but it does look like a bit of a PITA compared to my old Fiesta's! :lol:

watch this

model is a 03 avensis but same engine in corolla.

Yeahhhh... I wouldn't want to try that myself! :lol: