Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Should The Tick Over Be?

meloned

Hello folks i own a Avensis 1.8 r reg 7afe engine just wondering what is the idle speed be for this car cheers for any help on this matter.

Hello folks i own a Avensis 1.8 r reg 7afe engine just wondering what is the idle speed be for this car cheers for any help on this matter.

If I remember correctly it 's 700 to 800rpm on tickover with engine fully warmed up.

Pete.

Oh and don't get too worried if the tickover is relatively high when you first start the car and for the warming up period. During this time, using the fan will also increase the tickover too

My 1.8 7A-FE idles as low 650rpm with nothing extra running, aircon raises the idle to 800 to 1000rpm, very cold start up to 2000rpm. It settles down quickly if driven straight away instead of left standing.

The idle varies with what accessories are running. The heater and lights will raise the idle slightly.

There is a compensation device which adjusts the engine speed against the load.

Many thanks for your replies the reason for me asking was that I sprayed the throttle housing with Wynns carb/injector cleaner and it seems to be idling a little bit faster at the moment (950 rpm) hopefully it will settle down cheers :chinese:

• 1 month later...

Is this the same with Mk 1 diesels? Idling on TD seems to increase quite a lot when

the fan is on...

My 1.8 7A-FE idles as low 650rpm with nothing extra running, aircon raises the idle to 800 to 1000rpm, very cold start up to 2000rpm. It settles down quickly if driven straight away instead of left standing.

The idle varies with what accessories are running. The heater and lights will raise the idle slightly.

There is a compensation device which adjusts the engine speed against the load.

Yes that's normal.

Pete.

My 7A-FE is about 800rpm when warmed up, is about 1200-1600 before warmed up ;)