Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Egr Modulation As Viewed On Torque On A Android Tablet

harvey130

Hi all. Bought a 2.2 Avensis on a 60 plate and I'm getting low MPG (43 Motorway, 30 around town). Recently bought a bluetooth OBDII adapter and loaded "Torque" on to my Android table. All very well, unless you are viewing the results with a faulty car and so the info means nowt.... Has anyone else used "Torque" software? I'm viewing the EGR feed back which looks like it's always moving while the car is traveling. Would be nice to have a library with other Avensis users adding info to as we go along.

Mm I can't actually help you as I've not used ' Torque for Android'.I have got the app downloaded to my Samsung Galaxy having downloaded it a few weeks back with the intention of getting a bluetooth OBDII adapter but unexpected expenses and my paypal account not working have put it on the backburner !!!

Would love to hear which adapter you got and whether it delivers on the promise ahown in Google Play.

I also got a Sealey Scantool a few weeks back which not only reads fault codes but gives me live data on fueling,coolant/air temp,lambda etc but I am keen to try this Torque program so any advice would be gratefully recieved !!!

Cheers,

Bob

Mm I can't actually help you as I've not used ' Torque for Android'.I have got the app downloaded to my Samsung Galaxy having downloaded it a few weeks back with the intention of getting a bluetooth OBDII adapter but unexpected expenses and my paypal account not working have put it on the backburner !!!

Would love to hear which adapter you got and whether it delivers on the promise ahown in Google Play.

I also got a Sealey Scantool a few weeks back which not only reads fault codes but gives me live data on fueling,coolant/air temp,lambda etc but I am keen to try this Torque program so any advice would be gratefully recieved !!!

Cheers,

Bob

Hi Bob, with Torque you can also see live data and a lot more like tracking you journey (Crumb Trail with speed denoted my colour), re-set the MIL light, all for about £15 for the bluetooth OBDII device bought from eBay. AS long as what it shows is correct the it an absolute bargain.

I see that the Sealey VS8702 EOBD Code Reader cost about £71 on eBay. In relatiy we will only know it the Torque software works correctly when its put up against the Sealy OBD scan tool........

Thanks for the reply

Wireless Car ELM327 OBD2 OBDII Bluetooth Diagnostic Interface CAN Bus PC Android ( 180906894791 )

Hello,

I have just sent for the same one but from,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wireless-Car-ELM327-OBD2-OBDII-Bluetooth-Diagnostic-Interface-Android-CAN-BUS-PC-/200840588989?_trksid=p2047675.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222002%26algo%3DSIC.FIT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D11%26meid%3D3756698129217542809%26pid%3D100011%26prg%3D1005%26rk%3D2%26sd%3D180906894791%26

as the seller was very good with communication in regards to all the questions I asked. I don't actually need it right now but it will be handy to have if I do as in the family we have an Avensis 2.2d4d a Yaris SR, and two Civics, one 2.2 diesel and a 1.8 petrol, the seller says it will work with all those models.

We all have android phones and laptops so hopefully all should be ok if the Torque software is as good as it seems to be, I will update when it arrives and get a chance to try it out.

Any hints or tips from other users would be helpful.

Regards Pete.

i'm just about to post some of the readings from Torque for my D4-D T180 Avensis as just about to do a 100 round trip mostly by motorway - would be great if others would do the same so we could compare results

i'm just about to post some of the readings from Torque for my D4-D T180 Avensis as just about to do a 100 round trip mostly by motorway - would be great if others would do the same so we could compare results

I'm very interested in any info you have Andy, I don't get mine until tomorrow or Friday.

Pete.

Hi all, been looking at EGR v MAF readings. Notice that EGR commanded swings alot from 10% to 44.7% and 80% without much change in MAF readings........... comments please,

I'll post some of my live data using my scan tool against torque data when in get the OBDII bluetooth key for comparison !!!

I'll post some of my live data using my scan tool against torque data when in get the OBDII bluetooth key for comparison !!!

Still waiting for mine to arrive from Cargenie!

:crybaby:

TSP.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links