Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help Help Help

Avensisitis33

I'm a new member and I know you've heard this all before and beginning to yawn now but

I recently bought an Avensis 2004 , which has the navigation system In it , it was originally an English car , and it's requesting I insert a DVD rom , which of course I don't have :( . Tried ringing Toyota garages but after the fourth attempt and continually hearing , " oh , they're aftermarket products , we can't help " . Even gave one garage the " Toyota part number to the DRG unit on top .

Any advice other than to go back to the Toyota dealers would be greatly appreciated .

Thanks

It is not worth the hassle unless you try eBay. The built in system you have cannot be updated as easily as other satnavs. The disc based is very expensive to get updates. That means if you get a disc for the satnav it is out of date already.

Other owners who have posted on here have bought satnavs instead because it is easier to update and more flexible.

I know it is built in and cannot be stolen, but the limitations for some outway the advantages. It sounds as if the Toyota dealer you spoke to, knew this and did not want you to waste your money.

As I said earlier, try eBay or the web to source the disc if you still want to get a disc. make sure it is the correct disc for your satnav or it wont work.

Goodluck.

just to point out that the data is copyright Toyota & at least in the UK you legally have to be in possession of the original media to lawfully be able use those "backup discs".

Spending a bit more on a Garmin/TomTom etc. will get you a far more powerful modern device that will be cheaper (if not free) to update in the future.

I'm a new member and I know you've heard this all before and beginning to yawn now but

I recently bought an Avensis 2004 , which has the navigation system In it , it was originally an English car , and it's requesting I insert a DVD rom , which of course I don't have :( . Tried ringing Toyota garages but after the fourth attempt and continually hearing , " oh , they're aftermarket products , we can't help " . Even gave one garage the " Toyota part number to the DRG unit on top .

Any advice other than to go back to the Toyota dealers would be greatly appreciated .

Thanks

your not missing out on much, its not the best sat nav ive used, prefer my Tom-tom.

Ok , beginning to think that may be cheapest option but I would have liked to be able to say everything works when I go to sell it on

Thank you to everyone for the advice . Greatly appreciated . Thanks . Will take a trip to Halfords and see what's on offer :)

Thank you to everyone for the advice . Greatly appreciated . Thanks . Will take a trip to halfords and see what's on offer :)

if your desperate, wait on until the weeks leading to christmas they will have offers on or even better january sales. :thumbsup:

Thanks , decided its the most logical option .