Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Avensis 2004 Headlight Replacement

Avensisitis33

Is it a simple operation to pop out the NEARSIDE headlight unit on a 2004 AVENSIS headlight , it appears to have only two screw points :)

No. You have to loosen the bumper and bring it forward

Good grief . Saw a thing on utube that said I have to remove front bumper as a whole :( and your comment seems to confirm that :( oh god no , not looking forward to that job :(

Without the bumper the whole job looks easy , suppose I will have to decide a day when I'm going to spend the whole day doing it :( woe is me

Don't remove bumper as it really hard to put back. The just loosen it and move it forward.

can you tell me where all the fixing points are and if they are all ten mil . yes i know im pushing my luck. by the way i really appreciate all the help.

Replaced headlight unit today , even moving it forward turned out to be a really difficult job , but it's done and dusted , thank you so much . I hope you don't mind if I plague you again if I have any further queries :)

oh well done - it is a right pain. I snapped one half of one of the black clips that holds it in place, where the car manual indicates that to release it you insert a wide screwdriver to ease apart the clips. well it took me hours or cursing to get them off. i even tried hairdryer warming up all plastic parts to soften it slightly - to no avail. i suspect the plastic becomes brittle with age or the guy whose job remit it was at toyota to minimise car trim rattle over did his job.

ha ha ha ha ha , me too , i snapped a piece off on the outer section at the bottom ,it was impossible to free it but i did, the devil may care attitude , dear god, all the clips holding the wheel arch on both sides were broken,ALL OF THEM, one careful owner,ha ha ha ha. trying to source an owners manual / workshop manual but to no avail except sites that want a credit card number. dont have one anyway. put a thread up anyway asking anyone who might have one that id be more than willing to pay for it but a decent one, the haynes manuals were great but the photos and diagrams were of poor quality as the years progressed and i know there isnt one for this car.