Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Anyone Got A High Mileage T180/t150 On Original Head Gasket ?

tubaman

Just wondering what sort of mileage they generally start going at and is it the T180's rather than the T150's.

It would be very encouraging to hear from a T180 owner with well over 100K on the clock, normal driving and still on original head gasket

Mine is a 110,000km T180 purchased last summer. Well maintained and given some tlc. I at first was purchase paranoid but you'll go mad if you think they are all vulnerable. We probably only hear about the negative stories and exaggerate their importance.

• 4 weeks later...

Mine is a 110,000km T180 purchased last summer. Well maintained and given some tlc. I at first was purchase paranoid but you'll go mad if you think they are all vulnerable. We probably only hear about the negative stories and exaggerate their importance.

Well Said !

as these are same engine as the lexus is220d i have not heard of many issues with them?

i had a new engine put in my avensis t180 on about 94000 miles they also fitted new dpnf supposedly. in last couple of weeks & aprox 20000 miles later engine goes into limp mode takes it into toyota who tell me dpnf has had it and have just charged me over £2000 to replace it with no explanation to what the cause was.

i had a new engine put in my avensis t180 on about 94000 miles they also fitted new dpnf supposedly. in last couple of weeks & aprox 20000 miles later engine goes into limp mode takes it into toyota who tell me dpnf has had it and have just charged me over £2000 to replace it with no explanation to what the cause was.

I think I would have wanted to know the reason why it failed after such a short space of time. If they replaced the original DPNF then that should have been covered under the 12 month warranty! so why were you charged for it? I think I would be tempted to contact Toyota UK customer services and have a quiet word...

engine replaced july last year so out of warrantee i contacted toyota uk and have posted their reply below

I have discussed the possible causes of this with our Technical Department. They have explained that there are many factors that can cause a part to fail. However, they have explained that soot enters the filter and is converted to ash at high temperature to leave only a small ash residue and greatly reduced emissions.

I appreciate you undertake regular motorway driving and our Technical Department have advised that if the vehicle is used on motorway-type runs, ordinarily the exhaust temperature is high and this regeneration of soot to ash can continue more or less continuously. However, on shorter runs or stop/start driving, the exhaust temperature may not be sufficient to engage this regeneration process.

With regards to a gesture of goodwill, as you may know, your vehicle was supplied with a manufacturer’s warranty of three years or 60,000 miles, whichever comes sooner. At the end of the warranty period we encourage our customers to invest in an extended warranty for further peace of mind. For those who do not choose this option, we do try to provide an out of warranty goodwill contribution if possible. However, we cannot offer this support indefinitely and I regret to advise you that as the warranty on your vehicle expired in January 2010 or at 60,000 miles, we are unable to offer a contribution towards repairs costs.

I am sorry we are unable to respond in a more positive manner and I realise our response will come as a further disappointment to you. For this I can only apologise.

Well!... As they say that is that then! Sorry to hear that the outcome wasn't more positive from Mr T... Thats why I believe that using this could help stave off DPF problems! well lets hope so! If not then its not for the want of trying!

http://www.powerenhancer.co.uk/product.php/586/archoil-ar6500-professional-dpf---cat-cleaner

http://www.powerenhancer.co.uk/product.php/385/archoil-ar6200-fuel-modification-complex--combustion--burn-rate-modifier-lubricant

http://www.powerenhancer.co.uk/product.php/430/archoil-ar6400-professional-polyetheramine-concentrate

i think your right i know i will be using dcat cleaners & fuel cleaners at least once between services. i suggest anyone else reading this thread should think about using them to

Yeah got a 2005 2.2 T150 with 94-95,000 miles on it. Touching wood everyday that it remains fine. Use it as a daily drive about 30 miles a day, city driving. Judging by many forum posts, the T180 is mostly prone to head gasket issues in my opinion.

Is it expensive when it goes wrong and is there anyway of telling if its already bin done?

Take a search on here and you'll find out!... New engine goes in @ a cost of around 6k....

IS a engine replacement a must then?

Yes it is due to gasket shuffle...

Contact your main dealer or Toyota customer service and they'll be able to tell you...

as far as i am aware their is a extended warrantee on the engines i do not know how long for though.

as far as i am aware their is a extended warrantee on the engines i do not know how long for though.

Extended "Good will" warranty is 112k or 7 years...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links