Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris TS Tyres

mark vodden

Hi People,

Having decided not to change my wheels (due to thoughts on having a change of car soon) I had to buy some new tyres....

I had 185/55/15 Yokos before (not the "normal" bridgestones), but decided to change to something else as the yokos are expensive and sh!t3 in the wet. Upon recommendation from a mate with a scooby, I decided to go for Toyo Proxes T1-s. They were reasonably priced, despite the fact they are performance tyres (don't let any uninformed people tell you otherwise).

The thing is I managed to get 185/55's for £63 a tyre (which was very good). However, if I went UP a size to 195/50/15's (so wider tyre, lower profile) I managed to haggle the price down to £41 a tyre. Whole new set for £164! AND to top it all off they've transformed the handling- much more FUN!;)

So, if any of you are thinking of changing your tyres you no what to do.....;)

Hi mark

I really think that the T sport should have 195 on as standard Instead of 185. I dont get it. Why they put 195 tyres on the SR yaris and not the T sport :o

Jerry!!

Can you go to a 195 from a 185 without changing the rims? I know that a 195 tyre has a much squarer side wall to it than the 185 but though the rims were usually wider also - thanks for the advice, will bear this in mind when they need changing - although I am looking to get some 16" rims on it if anyone has any suggestions?

Hi Steve,

Nope, don't need to change the rims, they are the right size to accomodate the 195's. Looks a bit different but it's fine.

I was going to fit some OZ's 195/50/16's to the car, some of the fitting guides said these wouldnt fit (width wise). But I think I've kinda proved it by fitting these tyres. Also rang OZ and they reckoned there wouldn't be a problem. I think the T Sport would look wicked with some OZ superlegerras, although they're expensive they are the best! My mate photoshopped some on a picture of my yaris and it looked cool. The only thing that stopped me, was that I put a deposit on a new car....... but I'd go for it if I were you!

Cheers,

Mark.

Thanks for the info Mark.

According to some calculations I have done, you could slap on some 195/40/R17's on the Yaris T'Sport, although I am not sure if you can get a 17" rim in 195 or not?

I definatly want to change the wheels at some stage, as I am a big fan of the lots of wheel not much tyre or wheel arch gap style.

Steve.

Hi Guys!

You can also fit 205/40/17 tire and wheel combination in ur Yaris T Sport as I did!

I also got it lowered about 35-45mm! Looks nice and handles great.

Hiya Xtreme,

That looks fantastic!

However, did you have to modify the arches and do you get any rubbing etc. I had enough problems enquiring about fitting 16's to it! And that was without lowering it!

Cheers,

Mark.

The difference in wheel size is made up in a lower profile tyre... for example, 17 inch rims with a 195/40/R17 tyre is nearly identical in overall diameter as a 15" rim with a 185/55/R15 tyre (T-Sport Standard).

I calculated that upgrading to the 17" rims would give you a slight speedo error - this means that when you are actually doing 100mph - your speedo will read 100.9mph - so this is not worth worrying about.

The difficult bit with the yaris is the increase in wheel width - this for me is not a problem, I put 195 tyres on my GS (standard is 175) - and I got slight scraping on big bumps with 3 big people in the back.

Yes I have lowered the T-Sport but with that you get harder suspension - so I am hoping that with 17" rims on there will be no problem. As for going to a 205 - remember that the profile figure is a percentage of the width figure - so increasing the width of the tyre will keep it at a 40 percent profile, and therefore increasing the difference in wheel diameter and speedo error.

Regards,

Steve.

Oh, by the way, Extreme, what are those wheels they look great on the yaris - do you get any scraping issues? If not what suspension kit have you used - must be adjustable to get it that tight into the arches?

Cheers - Steve.

Wheels r from Kosei's and model is Sniper

Arches r rolled away because there were heavy scrubbage when there r more than one person at the back seat!

But now it's handling really nice and looks awesome! But hey! That's only my opinion!

They do look awesome - do you mind saying how much TRD charged you to fit the suspension and the wheels and set it all up and do the arches etc - including the cost of the equipment?

Could you post a full resolution image of your car - the one in the side bar is a little small :D.

Thanks, Steve.

suspension and wheels r installed by myself and so is the archjob!Only adjusting of wheel angles r made by professional! So installing those gadgets cost nothin'!

Wheels were about 1200 euros with michelin tyres and trd suspension set was real bargain, it've been ordered by some f***er who didn't pay for it so I buy it for 1000 euros.

arches r rolled using a special tool. The paint is heated up to avoid cracking then the rolling tool is attached to the hub and a wheel on the arm folds the metal back.It looks like a original arch from the outside.

That's the only pic i have right now! I have a digicamera, but now my car has lousy wintertyres with original tsport wheels! But when summer gets here there will be few pics to show you!

Oh well we are all going to have to wait till summer to see you motor in full.

Still that will give me something to look forward to.

Like i said before. Your motor has really made a few people green with envy.

Love the wheels

jerry!!

Originally posted by jerry phipps

Like i said before. Your motor has really made a few people green with envy.

Love the wheels

jerry!!

Don't envy too much! In that pic in my avatar car has lowered a little bit too much. In every day driving it's 10-15mm higher than it's in that pic! :(

IMO also the multi-spoke wheels fits Yaris quite nice! :D

I had a flat the other day! The tyre was gone. Here's the prices i got on the standard yoko's

Toyota - £110

LTC - £95

QuickFit - £98

Delph Tyres - £72

I bet you can guess where i went. :P

As normal toyota come top's LOL

Thats so like toyota to charge through the roof with prices :blink:

Comes on toyota sort out those heavy prices :angry:

jerry!!

:P Ime ith you dude, My echo sedan 1.5 Has 205 40 17" Fits lovely, Ive had no guard rolling done though, still fits great even after i lowered it.

your silver harch and my sedan look like brothers.

Alex..

Hi ECHO15, what lowering kit have you used - the standard toyota T-Sport 30mm lowering springs? I would be interested to know how you fit the 205's on - and if you have had to do anything other than lowering and stiffening the suspension to prevent scuffing and scraping with full load of passengers ??

Cheers - Steve.

I second that too. I also would like to know how you managed to fit 17" and 205 tyres on with out any scuffing. How low did you lower your car. This sounds really interesting. :o

jerry!!

• 2 months later...

Xtreme send some photos for me to, fast ;) I want to know where those arches were rolled. I want either 205/45/16 or 205/40/17 fitted but if it scrubs too much I won't like it.. I guess I'll just have to buy 14" venoms X)

Hi tumpe

Nice ride you have there. Especially the color mate :thumbsup:

Welcome to the club mate

jerry!!

Hi all!

I had an accident while ago so I got new arches and they r not rolled because i switched my wheels! They r TSW Reflex and size is 7x17" tyres 205/40/17. It's been lowered almost 45mm and there r no scrubbing because I changed ET35 -> ET40!

Only scrubbs are when I drive fast over the bumps.

These new ones r a little bit inner than old ones. Best choice of ET might be 42-45. And no wider wheels than 7 inches or they won't fit!

Yaris17Reflex.jpg

- Pete -

Hi pete

All i can say is wicked mate. The wheels look really good. So you say they hardly rub ;)

If you dont mind me saying how much did you pay for the wheels mate!

jerry!!

Hi pete

All i can say is wicked mate. The wheels look really good. So you say they hardly rub ;)

If you dont mind me saying how much did you pay for the wheels mate!

jerry!!

Thanks!

In fact they rub only when driven over heavy bumps with too much speed! In normal use hardly never. And that's when I have one passenger. with more passengers it will rub much worst!

Wheels cost a little bit over 1000 euros with tyres! I think I made a good deal?!

- Pete -

Hi pete

Sounds to me that you have got a good deal there mate ;) Have you put any new pic's in the gallery yet?

jerry!!