Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rav4 D4D Engine Stopped

RAV4D4DXT2

Having enjoyed only 10 days of ownership and insisting on buying my RAV without a warranty I am now beginning to regret it.

First came the gearbox problems that didn't show up on the test drive.

Today I started up and got no further than 200 yards and the engine cut out. No spluttering, just stopped dead. At first I thought I may have run out of diesel (gauge was nearly on empty but warning light not on) so I put a gallon in and pumped the primer. Still no joy, doesn't even try to fire. It has now been towed to the local garage.

Updates to follow when I know more.

Good luck with this,hope it is something simple like a clagged up fuel filter and that the garage treat you fairly.

Del

Having enjoyed only 10 days of ownership and insisting on buying my RAV without a warranty I am now beginning to regret it.

First came the gearbox problems that didn't show up on the test drive.

Today I started up and got no further than 200 yards and the engine cut out. No spluttering, just stopped dead. At first I thought I may have run out of diesel (gauge was nearly on empty but warning light not on) so I put a gallon in and pumped the primer. Still no joy, doesn't even try to fire. It has now been towed to the local garage.

Updates to follow when I know more.

- SCV -- is probably burnt out;

- water in fuel filter

OK, time to own up, embarrassment and relief. It had run out of diesel. Garage struggled to prime it and ended up doing something with an airline to blow the fuel through. I know the mechanic quite well and he only charged me £20. Lesson learned.

check what was the reason of an air accumulating !!!