Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Yaris Tsport..which One To Go For..?

angelcake71

Basically I have seen 2 Toyota yaris T sports that I like..

car 1 has 115,000 miles on the clock.. 2 previous owners from the same family..

but has full main dealer toyota service history and 2 original keys..

and the garage is a member of the good garage guide with lots of good reviews..

car is in good condition apart from a few scratches and A/C needs re gassing..

log book has the car down as a Toyota Yaris Tspirit D-4-D .. but then has petrol??

I know its definately a Tsport and even the service book says T sport.. checked VIN plate

quite scratched but numbers tie up with log book

autocheck clear

car 2 has just over 60k on the clock.. but has only been serviced at 50k according to the records but it may have been sericed elsewhere and the book not stamped?

and also recently by main toyota dealer..

there are 2 push dents on the bodywork and a few chips here and there ..just passed MOT

no advisories only 1 original key.. inside will be valented on sale this is a franchise `too good to auction` car

autocheck clear

which if indeed any should I go for??

Many thanks

bump

what's the price difference. have you test drove both?

Thanks for replying .. approx the same price.. the one with less miles is slightly newer.. have test drove the high mileage one, but not the other one

Car no.1 When you say log book what do you mean? Hopefully not the v5c registration document as this should state t-sport 1497cc petrol. You also say it has full toyota service history but that the garage is in the 'good garage scheme'. These are for roguish independents, Toyota main dealers wouldnt be in the 'scheme' as they're just a front to sell Forte lubricants.

Car no 2. I take it you mean it's got 1 remote central locking key? I think as long as you have 1 of those you can get new ones cut/coded but they'll be upwards of £100. Still, this is the car I'd go for. If it's got service history up to 50k and it's only on 60k now then just get it serviced if you buy it.

Either way, bargain hard. The target audience for this type of car is limited.

" the garage is a member of the good garage guide with lots of good reviews"

Means absolutely nothing. Can you find any bad or mediocre reviews anywhere on the good garage guide? They don't publish those!

However, it doesn't necessarily mean that particular garage is not good, they could be one of the few which are. But the scheme is sponsored by Forte, as mentioned above.

Thanks.. also am I right in thinking the phase 2 facelift did not come out until the 53 plate?? as the one we saw.. with the log book that didnt match.. was an 03 plate

but had a phase 2 interior.. ie controls on the steering wheel and noty the flowe like vents or 2 tone steering wheel..

Hiya yes Chris I do mean the v5 document..

also the VIN plate was scuffed... no they were all good reviews that were published!

The car with little service history and only 1 key is an established garage and part of a large group of garages in the south east.

it is only the little service history that worried me a bit

I agree with the replies above, if v5 is different i would stay away, 2nd car if you get it service it,

is there anymore t sports for sale that you have seen?

Hiya Avenisis..

Many thanks.. after reading the above comments about the good garage guide.. and also realising that phase 2 was not available on an 03 plate

I have crossed the 112,00 of my list.. I have seen quite a few nice Tsports but this time I would love a carribbean blue one..

as I already have a thunder grey one.. ..

Car no.1 When you say log book what do you mean? Hopefully not the v5c registration document as this should state t-sport 1497cc petrol. You also say it has full toyota service history but that the garage is in the 'good garage scheme'. These are for roguish independents, Toyota main dealers wouldnt be in the 'scheme' as they're just a front to sell Forte lubricants.

Car no 2. I take it you mean it's got 1 remote central locking key? I think as long as you have 1 of those you can get new ones cut/coded but they'll be upwards of £100. Still, this is the car I'd go for. If it's got service history up to 50k and it's only on 60k now then just get it serviced if you buy it.

Either way, bargain hard. The target audience for this type of car is limited.

no record of service history until 50K .. has 2 previous owners. last owner had car from 2005 til now

OK, if the v5c says D4D but it's a T-sport then run a mile. I'm pretty sure the phase 2 did come out on a '03' plate as I remember seeing one a while ago on an 03. I'm guessing they came out sometime after April 03, as most 03s are phase 1s (registered for March 1st when the 03's came out)

As for the 2nd car, I see what you mean - it's only got 1 service stamp at 50k! It could be that the 1st/2nd owner didn't bother getting it stamped but it could also be that they never got it serviced. Are there any receipts or invoices? If not, then I wouldn't take the gamble either.

Bah, go find a good T-spirit D4D instead, it's way better :P :D

Car 1 sounds dead iffy so I'd lean more towards the 2nd one.

The problem is T-Sports tend to be bought by enthusiasts who may have been servicing the car themselves which would explain the lack of service history.

If it's got a full MOT history and drives okay it's probably okay.

BTW, getting a 2nd key from Toyota is generally £190-210 depending on how scummy the dealer is, but the remote key on its own is about £140 and you could probably program it yourself if you can figure out which open-and-close-door-X-times-etc. sequence is the correct one for yours.

A non-remote key can be done by most auto-locksmiths (They clone the transponder code off your original and copy-cut the keyblade).