Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Passenger's Seat Height Adjustment

Speed_Chaser

Hey guys!

Does anyone know if it's possible to adjust the height of the passenger's seat? I'd like to get it lower, so that it would stay PERMANENTLY in the same position as the driver's seat when it's set in the lowest position. Please notice that I am not willing to get an adjustment option, just to adjust it once and for good!

Now the passenger's seat is quite high and not comfortable for a long sitter as it doesn't offer enough support. It may also get uncomfortable to sit there while I'm cornering :)

As far as I'm aware the passenger seat height is not adjustable. I wouldn't like to tamper with it either to be honest, because of the seat airbag. But maybe others have tried it .......

You're right, it cannot be adjusted in the same way as the driver's seat. But I was thinking of modifying the brackets underneath or something like that in order to get it right :)

strange that, I sat as a passenger in my own car tonight and thought I'd sat in an mpv... the seat is so high! it's a shame it isn't adjustable.

I wonder why it's so high? crash safety? get a good crash test score?

Your car is LHD if I remember exactly, so you can change seat skid with other removed from an RHD Auris (RHD driver seat) bought from a scrap yard, that has adjustment option.

Phil, I think it's just set for an average sitter. Auris is quite high car compared to others in the class and the average seating position is reached by higher seats aswell.

Tavy, would only the rail brackets be enough or would I need to buy the seat aswell? Haven't removed the seats to check the mechanism, but I think that the mechanism can be adjusted manually by hand? So I could set it to lowest and leave it that way...

If this will work it will be great. Good idea which I didn't even think of, even though I've did similiar swap with my taillights before :)

Check this link for seeing better the seats mechanism.

I think that's enough for you to change the skid only.

You always have these nice diagrams and useful tech doc links :) However the rails cannot be seen properly from those pics. And I cannot see the mechanism which is adjusting the height. But maybe it's just me.

I will try and look under my seat tomorrow to see what's happening there when I adjust the height. Maybe I will be able to modify the seat by only adding the part which is adjusting the height without changing the rails. Or then I will be able to adjust even without adding anything, because I don't need the real-time adjustment option to be available in the future...

Does this make any sense to you guys?