Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Maybe The New Rav

dwilson

24 hours to go to the unvieling of the "new" Rav.

Regards Clare

Yes, I like the look of this one as well, Looks like a lifting back, and JOY, a sunroof. :clap:

Yes, I like the look of this one as well, Looks like a lifting back, and JOY, a sunroof. :clap:

FFS Ainz.......it's a moonroof, man......get yer ternimology right.....

Witheld.

DOH! And there I was getting all excited over a hole in a roof, must be an age thing.

"the RAV4 now has a conventional liftback tailgate"

"the spare tyre is mounted under the rear floor, as it is in most cars" (but probably not for the UK market, or it'll be an optional extra...)

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/technology/leaked-pictures-show-toyota-rav4s-spare-tyre-not-on-rear-door/story-fn7celvh-1226525089795

"the RAV4 now has a conventional liftback tailgate"

"the spare tyre is mounted under the rear floor, as it is in most cars" (but probably not for the UK market, or it'll be an optional extra...)

http://www.heraldsun...h-1226525089795

Someone at Toyota must've actually read all those customer satisfaction surveys I filled in........................

I suspect it will sell in larger numbers with a top hinging door, I have recommended a Rav to many people down the years, those who haven't bought one said the "awkward rear door" was a big negative for them.

It's still more evolution than revolution. Not as different to the old as I expected, especially the profile.

Will be able to tell better once better images are available.

It's still more evolution than revolution. Not as different to the old as I expected, especially the profile.

Will be able to tell better once better images are available.

Have to agree. On first sight, it's a bit of a damp squid - certainly doesn't convince me to wait for release in UK. I might be more enthusiastic when the full tech specs & range details are available.

Any word on drive line? Engines/gearbox etc.

I suspect it will sell in larger numbers with a top hinging door, I have recommended a Rav to many people down the years, those who haven't bought one said the "awkward rear door" was a big negative for them.

I must admit that I've never understood the hooha in the motoring press about the side-hinged door. I've not found it a problem & I've moved a lot of household gear & furniture in our 5-dr over the years. The tailgate has never given me a problem. I think that when it comes to Toyota, the muttering rotters simply have to find something to bad mouth them with since they aren't considered cool. They can't fault the build quality, the dynamics or the reliability so there's not much left apart from the tailgate.

You only have to look at the way the morons worship at the altar of excrement called Discovery to see that they clearly have no objectivity, let alone any common sense.

I must admit that I've never understood the hooha in the motoring press about the side-hinged door. I've not found it a problem & I've moved a lot of household gear & furniture in our 5-dr over the years. The tailgate has never given me a problem. I think that when it comes to Toyota, the muttering rotters simply have to find something to bad mouth them with since they aren't considered cool. They can't fault the build quality, the dynamics or the reliability so there's not much left apart from the tailgate.

You only have to look at the way the morons worship at the altar of excrement called Discovery to see that they clearly have no objectivity, let alone any common sense.

Agreed, my Brother-in-law bought a new LR Freelander two years ago for over 30k, it has become a joke in the family, it really has been awful.

+1 on the above.

Looks like the same engine unit too, as mentioned, if Kia / Hyundai are getting 190 bhp from their diesel units, would have thought Toyota could have done something to at least improve their engine output.

It's longer, heavier and lower too...... That's not many "plus's" for me.

I wonder if they will 'hand' the handbrake too for UK models or leave it on the left hand side of the console like the Qashqai.

Have to go and find me a new 4.3 xtr now.

Sunroof or Moonroof both will bring light into the interior of the car and is something I am pleased to see !!

Many of the comments are about the comparison with the Ford Escape which I cannot really see ? The Escape being the Kuga in the UK ? Or am I missing something ?

I must admit to being enthusiastic about this new model but then I have been waiting for some time for its launch ... I like the front /rear aspects as its a fresh look for the Rav which in current shape has been around for a long time now..

Also keen to know engine sizes and configurations and to see if they have put a few extra speeds into the auto box to lower its emissions ratings and up the MPG..

Charlie I was reading this http://blog.toyota.c...a-rav4-revealed and here's a bit of what they've said

"New RAV4 will again be available with a choice of two (front) or all-wheel drive, with an engine line-up that offers a a 149bhp 2.0-litre petrol engine, a new 122bhp 2.0-litre diesel and a 148bhp 2.2-litre diesel. Each one gives improved carbon dioxide emissions performance, on average better by 12 per cent across the range compared to the current model.

Look out for the 2.0 diesel in the front-wheel drive RAV4 – equipped with Toyota’s Stop & Start technology it produces just 127g/km of CO2."