Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Maybe The New Rav

dwilson

A sunroof has been available all the time for some European and US markets but it needs TGB to spec it. AS for the engine, maybe this is the BMW units mooted recently.

Agree there, it would be the best time to introduce the BMW diesel engine with a change in the model range. As for Moonroof/Sunroof, it,s all down to Toyota Uk and as seen before they sometimes leave out the most obvious when speccing for their model range.

Must admit I do like the look of the Rav, they seem to have as said before taken on "buyers comments" and lets face it the competion is really getting very strong out there.

Regards Clare

Perhaps we mjght tempt Charlie back with this new model!!

REALLY REALLY LIKE THE NEW LOOK, haven't had time to read all the links, but if something radical has NOT happened to what is a well documented not economical engine, surely this is one helluva over heralded piece of window dressing....?

I made the choice a few weeks ago to take advantage of the purchase of a "run-out Rav" and can now stop reprimanding myself for not waiting for the new one. Again I stress I have not taken the time to read all the inclusions on posts, but thus far have no regrets in buying what is now a well proven gremlinly reduced (rectified....?) vehicle with so far crap mpg.....(but I was well aware of that.....it is not yet an issue....)

Mildly disappointed / non-plussed Kev

A sunroof has been available all the time for some European and US markets but it needs TGB to spec it. AS for the engine, maybe this is the BMW units mooted recently.

As I understood it, and as Clare said, the sunroof was a UK deletion on the old car, and many of the sales people I spoke to reckon that it was a wrong decision. I personally hope that if the sun/moon roof is included, either as an option or in "packs"' As to engines, I really hope that the BMW units with their lovely autos could also be included!!

Why didn't Toyota come to the forum and ask us what we want, LOL!! :clap:

NOW THERE'S A NOVEL CONCEPT.....suppliers in the U.K. asking customers what they want......go lie doon in a darkened room, mate......all members please send Get Well Soon PM to Ainsley......

Agree there, it would be the best time to introduce the BMW diesel engine with a change in the model range. As for Moonroof/Sunroof, it,s all down to Toyota Uk and as seen before they sometimes leave out the most obvious when speccing for their model range.

Must admit I do like the look of the Rav, they seem to have as said before taken on "buyers comments" and lets face it the competion is really getting very strong out there.

Regards Clare

Perhaps we mjght tempt Charlie back with this new model!!

After having a couple of cars over the last few months and not keeping them I decided to hang on for the new upcoming model Clare......

In honesty its the versatility and size of the Rav that just fits my and my Wifes needs ... I have looked closely at the Kuga. and CRV and also the Sportage which is actually a very credible alternative to the Rav but just lacks the last degree of quality and feel good factor..

I was also very tempted to get one of the very last of the 4.3s and still may follow this route but will decide once the new car arrives..

My intention is to go for a high spec car and keep it for at least five years...

Lorna thanks for the link !

It seems then that we will be getting the current 2.2 but tweaked for better emissions and economy ect And a 2.0 variant..

Now the cat is well and truly out of the bag it would be good if Toyota were to reveal all so orders can be placed !

As I posted a week or two ago, the new Honda is a very accomplished vehicle, let down by the engine which is just not powerful enough, especially In auto mode. I've also recently driven a Tiguan which is currently the best of the bunchIMO. The DSG gearbox helps here.

So, a lot of competition but no increase in power which is what we all want.

It says something when dedicated Rav owners wish for an engine from another marque

Rather like the new Rav4, lots of external detail nice motor, sadly no 3 door.

As I posted a week or two ago, the new Honda is a very accomplished vehicle, let down by the engine which is just not powerful enough, especially In auto mode. I've also recently driven a Tiguan which is currently the best of the bunchIMO. The DSG gearbox helps here.

So, a lot of competition but no increase in power which is what we all want.

It says something when dedicated Rav owners wish for an engine from another marque

I can trade ultimate engine power for economy if that is what we will get with the latest hopefully updated 2.2 unit but is this really likely ? If it is in reality the same as the outgoing engine with as BK admits poor economy then that will be a dissapointment ...

The new 2.0 engine on paper looks just way to underpowered to be viable in the Rav...

In this day and age we want and expect far better fuel figures and power outputs from a 2.2 litre diesel engine,. Just look at what Jaguar have achieved with the 2.2 diesel in the heavy and large XF Sportbrake and saloon.. 190 BHP and fuel figures that current Rav owners can only dream of .. All from what is the underpinnings of the old Mondeo unit..

Current car has been around for six years now and it will be a shame if we have to wait for an updated version of the new model before it becomes a viable car ! If We do then the smart money will be on one of the last of the current shape as I have to agree most of the rest is window dressing...

The poor fuel consumption comes with the auto box (and therefor D-CAT) setup. The manuals are nice and smooth and mine gave just short of 40 around town and nearer 50 on a trip (sub 70).

I don't know if the 2.0 is the entry level (I think I read for the 2WD). If buying the new one I would lean towards the 2.2 but that is without trying so reserve judgement fully.

I really like the overall shape of this new one and it is growing on me. I like the spare in the boot but the dash will take some getting used to. I also think the blue dash is aimed right at CRV buyers. As I've said before, I don't know about the plastic skirt although it will look better on darker colours IMO. What I really like is the round wheel arches as the current ones look a bit awkward. Strange but true (my taste that is!).

Mazda cx5 auto 175 bhp - 144gm per kg CO2

Audi Q5 SE auto -177bhp - 159gm per,kg CO2

New Rav auto - 148 bhp - 175gmper,kg CO2

Jag XF 2.2 is only availlable in automatic transmission .. Figures are ....

Fuel consumption (urban) 42.8 mpg Fuel consumption (extra urban) 58.9 mpg Fuel consumption (combined) 52.3 mpg

Rav 4 in auto transmission figures are

Fuel consumption (urban) 32.1 mpg Fuel consumption (extra urban) 45.6 mpg Fuel consumption (combined) 39.2 mpg

Both sets of figures are of course what the manufacturer's want us to believe and both sets should be treated with a huge pinch of salt.

But Jag owners of the 2.2 are reporting near getting the seemingly incredible figures where most Rav owners are saying or have said they are not..

Both engines are 2.2 four pot diesels and both cars are heavy and should on the face of it give similar MPG ?

As above the existing engine is now off the pace and I among others was and still am hoping for a credible new engine but so far it looks unlikely we will be getting one.

It could be the 2.0 incoming engine will surprise us and offer at least in class MPG if not class leading power....

. I like the spare in the boot

What? There is a spare Anchs? Full size?

Quite like the looks, not sure if the RAV needs to be longer and wider and a reduction in ground clearance seems odd in a crossover. Don't like the dash with no cover on the glove tray. The 2.0 is probably for the 2WD only and as all prduction for Europe appears to remain in Japan I would guess it will be the same engine as in the 2.0 Avensis. The RAV seems to be moving more toward being a 4WD estate and away from it's off road roots.

I'm fairly satisfied with my current 2.2 auto after 15792 miles I have used 1887.17 litres of fuel, filled to brim on purchase and just filled to brim today. This works out at almost exactly 38mpg, my driving is about 60% town and country lanes and 40% main road and motorway. Better than I expected but less than I hoped for. There's still room for improvement as I have found all my previous diesel vehicles have not fully settled till around 30K.

Charlie, I'm not sure if the Jag is hampered with 4WD, If not to compare it with the Avensis 2.2 might be a better comparison of the engine capability, The Peugeot/Ford diesels are stunning engines in all respects from their figures which are backed by most test reports. Also I think the Ford Escape in America is the enlarged Kuga which goes on sale here in 2013 so the American comparison between Escape and RAV is far more valid.

Would like to clear up any dubiety my earlier post on this thread may have caused (especially one fellow member who picked me up on my wording.)

When I signed off as "Mildly Disappointed and Non-Plussed Kev", it was directed solely at what little I had read about the so far release of the 4.4 Rav, though its aesthetics I find really nice. I genuinely am really liking my Run-Out 4.3, and am fortunate that I have no requirement for long journeys, so its inherent (factual) 30-32mpg does not affect me the way it obviously will folk like Charlie (and cannae remember whose wee wife it is who works full time on Mars....!!!!)

If anybody needs a wee shot at a 4.3 auto and can source one, they are totally welcome to have a go in mine.....you will be impressed.

Big Kev

Are we going to get a spare in the UK? - I had assumed we would still be lumbered with a can of goo whilst other markets received a spare wheel? I suppose we will find out the full UK spec on 3rd Dec as per the Toyota blog -anyway I like the look of the new car inside and out.

Are we going to get a spare in the UK? - I had assumed we would still be lumbered with a can of goo whilst other markets received a spare wheel? I suppose we will find out the full UK spec on 3rd Dec as per the Toyota blog -anyway I like the look of the new car inside and out.

Even if the new car is not supplied in the UK it should be easy enough to adapt a UK car with one ?

Its reasonable to suggest the spare will be a space saver and will go under the rear floor so even if Toyota have not listened to its UK customers and fitted the storage tray like we have now it would be just a matter of swapping the tray and sourcing a wheel ?

I have absolutely no problem with buying a run out model and the not so great MPG should not be an issue for much longer (Touch wood !!!!!!!!) as we are moving south quite soon so my running up and down the motorways will come to an end.... (Touch wood again)

But I've waited this long for the new car so a couple of months wont make any real difference...

Looking at the photos, I think my thoughts are probably contrary to most RAV TOCers .... I like the interior but not convinced on the new exterior.

Looking at the photos, I think my thoughts are probably contrary to most RAV TOCers .... I like the interior but not convinced on the new exterior.

I think that I need to see the thing in the flesh before making up my mind. My first thought was same as Hoovie's - Inside might be OK but I'm VERY anti chrome so am a bit disappointed with the front end ( Sorry Claire! ).

I'd also like to think that the paint finish would be a little more durable than that on my 2008 XT5.

I think that I need to see the thing in the flesh before making up my mind. My first thought was same as Hoovie's - Inside might be OK but I'm VERY anti chrome so am a bit disappointed with the front end ( Sorry Claire! ).

I'd also like to think that the paint finish would be a little more durable than that on my 2008 XT5.

Not imressed with either inside or outside. Looks too anonymous on the outside and lacks road presence or evidence of purpose. Change the Badge and it could be one of any number of soft road 4WD shopping trolleys. Inside seems a backward step from the quirky dash of the 4.3.

Need to see it in the flesh to be convinced................

I will have a look at one when it is in the dealers but I don't think I will be buying one now or in the future if it no longer has a high up driving position. A newish secondhand 4.3 seems much more likely.

David

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links