Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Budget Racing

corollasr

today i went to brands hatch for the BRSCC day and i have to say it was the most fun i've had in ages. there were 14 races in all. formula palmer audi, radicals, duratecs, caterham supersports and the mighty minis.

i know the first three cost big money but the caterhams and minis are serious budget fun

for £20k you can enrol in the caterham academy and you get the car, which you keep, race training, and as many spares as you need.

my aunts brother races in the class and he agrees that its an excellent way of gettting into motorsport. i also blagged the chance to use his caterham for a track day, which was nice

the minis are amazing though. 850cc, stripped bare with on seat and a rollcage, but they absolutely fly. it works out at under £10k for a fully race spec mini and all the xtras. think i'll be doing something along those lines in the not so distant future

ed

Budget racing is great fun to watch, but even 'budget' racing costs a lot to participate in, first you have to get your basic sports license, then you have transport, race costs, fuel, tyres parts. it costs a fair bit, but if you can afford it, I imagine i would be great great fun! (wish I had the money)

Let us all know if you do get involved.

well i'm doing a couple of track days in both my rolla and a couple of caterhams that belong to family friends. think the motorsport thing is more of an after-uni thing

ed

Don't spose you saw a red Seo parked up at Paddock Hill bend did ya... :D :P Can't believe you were there matey we proberly walked right past each other!

Got there about 1PM, got fugging soaked & stacked it in the mud! Great day though - pics uploaded in a sec.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links