Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Pwr Mode Button Not Working

PatW

Hi all - I just noticed today that the PWR mode button on my Prius no longer works. When I press it nothing happens at all - no PWR light on dash and no change in throttle response. Eco and EVO buttons still work fine.

I don't use it very often but it was working last time I tried a few months back.

Is there anything obvious I have missed before I take it to Toyota for them to take a look?

cheers

Patrick.

Can't think of any situation that would prevent PWR mode operating, it must be faulty, could be the switch.

• 4 weeks later...

Had the same problem on my Auris, connector failed, they sorted it in about 25mins and got me on my way full of caffeine :-) must say always been very lucky with my local dealer.

Never pressed mine and not likely to either, it’s a stupid addition on a car built for economy.

I drive 90% of the time in eco mode and when I do venture out onto the motorways I just switch it off and let the car run in normal mode.

I have heard of someone else with same issue and turned out to be the PWR switch issue

Never pressed mine and not likely to either, it’s a stupid addition on a car built for economy.

I drive 90% of the time in eco mode and when I do venture out onto the motorways I just switch it off and let the car run in normal mode.

Go on, press the PWR. You don't know what you're missing.

I normally drive in ECO but do use PWR from time to time when more power is needed. The honourable example is when I'm joining fast-moving traffic and don't want to hold people up while i accelerate. The less honourable example is when I have chosen the wrong lane at lights and use PWR to beat the other traffic.

ECO does work well on motorways provided you are travelling at a steady speed.

I only use it to pull away a little quicker from a standing start. Normal mode I find is as quick and less noisy when i'm already moving.