Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Importing parts

starletsy

Hi people, right i've got some very good prices on blitz parts from a guy in america but i'm not sure on what charges i will get when importing them into this country can anyone help?

Thanks

Simon:)

There is a few hidden costs to consider but im surprised that the company your dealing with couldnt tell you the shipping costs for a start(which will be the greatest additional cost potentially). The hidden cost the delivery guy will hit you with is customs duty and import VAT. It'll be roughly 3.5% of the value of the item BUT it varies ( it almost certainly will be higher ) depending on where its coming from and the type of item it is. The shipping is what id be worried about tho m8 because if its an american company theyll almost definately only use UPS for exporting. UPS are express only(air) and charges are made according to the weight of the item but the advantage is the package will reach you in like 4 days or so. Its expensive though.

Ill give you an idea with my experience..I needed an Enkie RP01 wheel after damaging mine that is ONLY available in the usa or japan. The wheel is roughly £130 and the dealer (using UPS) told me itll cost £90 quid for delivery.Fair enough I thought. BUT then got hit by £70 duty&VAT which I never expected at all. Thats an additional £160. Sh1te innit:(

Bit confused mate the stuff is coming from america ive got the price including shipping so is it just 3.5% on top of that?

Simon

Confusing? You bet it is m8. The ***** government tells you itll be around 3.5% but they are free to charge as they see fit more or less(most likely to be more...). You want vague and confusing? Go check out the Her overpaid Majestys Customs&Excise site :

www.hmce.gov.uk

Your probably better off ringing this number: HMCE National Advice Service – 0845 010 9000

They should(hopefully)put you right. Its national r8 so itll b like 3p a min peak methinks. Just ask em you want to know what VAT&duty charge to expect when your package arrives.