Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Insurance- Toyota Additions

crustyclam

Taking out my insurance and i mentioned that i had winter wheels on smaller replica alloys and also my original alloys changed to non runflats, had a good price with Liverpool Victoria. decent price pretty much 400 quid.

Anyway i passed on my expiry date based on what the documents stated from adrian flux to LV, however LV interpreted it wrong.

i rang them back to clarify, .......and they had to cancel the original policy, otherwise i would have been without cover for 24hrs.

So i had to go throught the whole procedure again.....this time i am told alloys with winter tyres are classed as a modification as i am told the alloys are not the original size provided on the vehcle.

i also mentioned side steps (needed to help my Nana into the car) now another increase.

So my car is safer by changing tyres/alloys for winter, and helps my Nana get in ok with the side steps and i am now penalised. This was via phone call & online.

Not even mentioned the bumper protector.............that might save them money.

when i first bought the car i didn't consider the style pack as a mod...and i still don't know exactly what it consists of. (don't want to know ....plausible deniability)

Anyone have the same issues?

LV have come in at £550 now, first time was £400.(within a few quid)

Takes the mick.....had a few accidents..never at fault.

Whilst more expensive to repair i can't help but think we are the safer drivers.. and look after our vehicles more. (i also realise involved in an accident more damage mat result)

Taking out my insurance and i mentioned that i had winter wheels on smaller replica alloys and original alloys with non runflats and had a good price with Liverpool Victoria. decent price pretty much 400 quid.

Anyway i passed on my expiry date based on what the documents stated from adrian flux to LV, however LV interpreted it wrong.

i rang them back to clarify, .......and they had to cancel the original policy, otherwise i would have been without cover for 24hrs.

So i had to go throught the whole procedure again.....this time i am told alloys with winter tyres are classed as a modification as i am told the alloys are not the original size provided on the vehcle.

i also mentioned side steps (needed to help my Nana into the car) now another increase.

So my car is safer by changing tyres/alloys for winter, and helps my Nana get in ok with the side steps and i am now penalised. This was via phone call & online.

Not even mentioned the bumper protector.............that might save them money.

when i first bought the car i didn't consider the style pack as a mod...and i still don't know exactly what it consists of. (don't want to know ....plausible deniability)

Anyone have the same issues?

LV have come in at £550 now, first time was £400.(within a few quid)

Takes the mick.....had a few accidents..never at fault.

Whilst more expensive to repair i can't help but think we are the safer drivers.. and look after our vehicles more. (i also realise involved in an accident more damage mat result)

Of course it all depends on particular circumstances, NCB's, post codes, etc. so you can't easily compare one person's quote with another's. Nevertheless I have to say that I always get an LV quote every year and every year they are f**king hopeless despite all the positive crap that's written about them. Ditto Direct Line - "you won't find us on comparison sites" - no f**king wonder, they're robbing baastaards! I got an Admiral multi-car quote yesterday for two RAVs & an Aygo. Youngest driver 27 yrs old with 3 yrs NCB & 4 yrs licence holding; other two old fogies with million yrs NCB, no accidents, one SP30 each. Quote? £1,567!!!! That's twice the combined premiums now in place.

Insurance is a rip-off. We wanted to add our 27 yr old daughter to my wife's RAV ins. Existing company wanted an EXTRA £458 for remaining 8 months of the current policy. Went on Compare the Market.com & got a new policy with daughter included for £250 for 12 months! Please tell me the logic behind that b0ll**ks!

Forget LV & search the comparison sites. Companies like LV, DL & NFU deserve to go bust sooner rather than later. Absolute !Removed! crooks!

Some insurers won't charge extra for winter tyres (due to the added safety... however it may give some drivers the impression they can take more risks than those without) but some do unfortunately!

You have to question the impartiality of the comparison sites. Comparethemarket.com are owned by BGL - whose main trading brand is BISL Ltd (offering insurance under names including Budget, Dial Direct and Bennetts). Confused.com is part of the Admiral Group - offering insurance under the Admiral, Diamond, Elephant, Gladiator and Bell brand names. Gocompare.com's holding company is 49% owned by Esure - who offer insurance under the brands of Esure, Sheilas Wheels and First Alternative.

Moneysupermarket.com appears to be the only one whose ownership is linked to an insurance company.

Our insurers were not the slightest bit interested when we rang to inform them we had fitted winter tyres. Just for the record this years premiums were £320 for the rav and £394 for the landcruiser.

Who are you insured by? I'm currently with esure for £536. They started off cheap (Relatively) but keep trying to poke up prices every year until I call up and play them off the quotes I've gotten from various price comparison sites, and they also penalize you for any deviation from the standard spec of the car (I asked them to quote me up with non-Toyota alloys and one of Kingos' magic boxes and IIRC it went up by something like £250! :eek: Hence the refurb route and no magic box! :lol:)

They're still cheaper than other quotes I've gotten for equivalent cover (Toyota wanted something near £900 when I did a quote on their site :eek:) but I've not had to call them before so I don't know what they are like when phoning in a claim. You hear some real horror stories about some insurers! :unsure:

Hi Cyker,

The Rav is in my wifes name with just me as a named driver, the policy is with Sheilas Wheels, maximum no claims etc etc, we're 47 and 48 years young.

The LC is with e-sure, the other way around, my car with Sue as a named driver. I do know postcode has a big effect on insurance, we are pretty rural which might have an effect.

We've just changed to Quotemehappy for wife's 5-dr RAV with me & 27 yr old daughter as named drivers: fully comp £249.

My 3-dr RAV with Swiftsure is £364 with wife as named driver (I've got claims & points hence higher premium).

I stopped asking Toyota to quote as their ransom demands were getting beyond stupid.

We,well Mrs P was insured with Aviva all the time we had the Zafira and the Meriva and they gave us a good deal on the first Rav she had,just a small increase on the Merivas price,and they just transferred the policy over with no increase when she bought the Blue Rav.

But when the renewal came through earlier this year it had almost trebled :eek:

They would not budge on the quote so we shopped around for a few days and ended up with Sheilas Wheels who gave her a quote not far off what she had paid with Aviva????

Her sister who has a 2007 Rav went with Toyota which she seemed pleased with.