Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Reversing Camera - Washing Car

zipppydj

My shiny new RAV is now getting all dirty so is getting close to its first wash.

I usually take my car to our Eastern European friends for its wash as they usually do a pretty good job. Just a bit concerned about the reversing camera and if it will stand up to their pressure washers. I know they shouldn't be directed straight at the camera so will have to make sure they are aware of that.

Thoughts & advice please. Thanks

DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Kev, I've notified NHS Glasgow for when they bring you in..............................

Kev, I've notified NHS Glasgow for when they bring you in..............................

Too late, Davrav.....had already read Zippy's post.....in theatre now.....you can have ma guitars if heart op goes wrong.....

Fact- Rav 4,s don,t like Car Washers, whether it be hand or machine. It leaves them with a neglected feeling and the owner with a nightmare to try and get it back to a decent condition.

Never mind our Kev I,ve just had to go A & E to make sure I was OK after reading Zippys post. Come on Girl it might be cold outside but your NEW Rav deserves better.

Kev or Charlie will put you right if you need advice ( they where a great help to me)

Regards Clare ( now where did I put that Oxygen mask)

Too late, Davrav.....had already read Zippy's post.....in theatre now.....you can have ma guitars if heart op goes wrong.....

I was thinking more of yer shiny new RAV Kev...................

Back on topic:

Zippy, if a jetwasher is used on your car the camera should be fine provided the jet is not aimned directly at it or the immediate area around it. Trouble is the RAV rear end sucks dirt better than a Dyson and it's the hardest area to get clean.

I would be VERY wary of letting anyone wash a new RAV unless they were ultra careful as the paint marks really easily.

As Clare says, Big Kev, Charlie or Blue Vortex [who?] are probably best to advise on how to do a proper job.

One of my neighbours washes his car with a floorbrush, and the bristles aren't very soft looking. I had a laugh when he did it the other day and left a bunch of orange bristles sticking up from the front Badge. Its a good job his car's silver, he'd soon see the damage if he had a black car!

Fact- Rav 4,s don,t like Car Washers, whether it be hand or machine. It leaves them with a neglected feeling and the owner with a nightmare to try and get it back to a decent condition.

Never mind our Kev I,ve just had to go A & E to make sure I was OK after reading Zippys post. Come on Girl it might be cold outside but your NEW Rav deserves better.

Kev or Charlie will put you right if you need advice ( they where a great help to me)

Regards Clare ( now where did I put that Oxygen mask)

I'm with Clare on this, Zippy.

I restrict power washer for cleaning the driveway & patios. Unless you're really careful with them, they can do some serious damage to your paintwork (they've been known to de-laminate tyre treads without too much effort!) especially when wielded by some gorrilla whose pride & joy it isn't.

wash it April, when the salt has washed off the roads - then wash it the April after.....

Thanks for all the replies and sorry for giving a few of you palpitations.

Have always used our EEF's to wash my previous RAF and that still gleamed like new when I sold it. The Supaguard treatment did it's job.

I do take on board what you all say and promise to give it the love and attention it deserves. (It's just winked it's headlights to say thanks).

Thanks for all the replies and sorry for giving a few of you palpitations.

Have always used our EEF's to wash my previous RAF and that still gleamed like new when I sold it. The Supaguard treatment did it's job.

I do take on board what you all say and promise to give it the love and attention it deserves. (It's just winked it's headlights to say thanks).

Now out of theatre....feeling much better......transplant not required after all.....false alarm.....just needed arteries pressure washed.

Happy Kev

One of my neighbours washes his car with a floorbrush, and the bristles aren't very soft looking. I had a laugh when he did it the other day and left a bunch of orange bristles sticking up from the front badge. Its a good job his car's silver, he'd soon see the damage if he had a black car!

Lorna.....hope you are proud of yursell....total relapse......back in theatre......you are from the land of music.....no guitars bequeathed to you, girl......

Kev, he inflicts that abuse on his car almost every other day :eek:

Still at least its only a Citroen he's doing it to :naughty:

Forgot to add this bit... One time he got himself a polishing machine, but when he used it, he took all the chrome effect off the letters on the back of his car. Left it with black plastic letters.

Edited by Lorna2

Kev, he inflicts that abuse on his car almost every other day :eek:

Still at least its only a Citroen he's doing it to :naughty:

Forgot to add this bit... One time he got himself a polishing machine, but when he used it, he took all the chrome effect off the letters on the back of his car. Left it with black plastic letters.

That explains it, Lorna....standard issue with Citroens that floor brush.....

Better one for you!!!1 My next door neighbour has had a brand new X5 M sport. What does he wash it with- a yard brush and hose pipe!!!!! A case of too much money to literally thro down the drain.

I p**s myself laughing when he starts his cleaning regime

Regards Clare

Regards Clare

Too much information there Clare ;)

Maybe some Tena Lady required? :)

Regards Clare

Too much information there Clare ;)

Maybe some Tena Lady required? :)

....AND WHERE DOES ONE GET A LADY FOR A TENA NOWADAYS....? excuse capitals......as far as cleaning the BMW Clare.....that is just so bliddy sad, really....

Big Kev

Many people think their cars are submarines not only do they attempt to drive them through deep floods but also take a 300 psi pressure hose to them - eek!!!!!

I often use the pressure washer on mine. I stand pretty well back and if I want to remove something stubborn I do it at an angle.

I would be very wary of deep water though!

Way back in time our neighbour bought home a brand new bright orange Volvo 244, some days later he washed it with a substance well advertised at the time for cleaning baths etc known as 'Vim', nice finish, it was a kind of matt, skates on ice effect, the whole car !

Way back in time our neighbour bought home a brand new bright orange Volvo 244, some days later he washed it with a substance well advertised at the time for cleaning baths etc known as 'Vim', nice finish, it was a kind of matt, skates on ice effect, the whole car !

Was he a Dutchman, played football for Ajax.....?