Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2.0D Thermostat

stainlessstu

my car is taking around 6 miles to get up to operating temp. can anybody tell me if its easy to replace the thermostat or do you have to strip half the car and is it an easy job to refill the water or is it like citroens where you need a header tank and lots of bleeding points

Hi stainlessstu,

My 3 month old 2.0d also takes 5-6 miles to get to full working temperature, especially as the weather has got colder. Seems ok to me.

Bob

it's normal - these D4Ds are well known for being slow to warm up.

ah okay, that saves me a lot of work . i used to my citroen van that was hot after around 2 miles. im still getting used to the auto lights and windscreen wipers

• 4 weeks later...

it's normal - these D4Ds are well known for being slow to warm up.

Is it really so normal for these engines to take an age to warm up?

There is so much design & engineering devoted to engine fuel efficiency, clean-burning & particulate filters that I'd have thought it a real easy & cheap no-brainer to minimize the time it takes for an engine to reach optimum working temperature.

I can't see how Toyota could have goofed-up so badly.

my car is taking around 6 miles to get up to operating temp. can anybody tell me if its easy to replace the thermostat or do you have to strip half the car and is it an easy job to refill the water or is it like citroens where you need a header tank and lots of bleeding points

Hi stainlessstu,

My 3 month old 2.0d also takes 5-6 miles to get to full working temperature, especially as the weather has got colder. Seems ok to me.

Bob

Yes I agree, since winter has kicked it takes around 5-6 miles to warm up.(2004 Avensis d4d)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links