Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Delivered...finally!

gabbott

finally got hold of my long awaited GT86 this morning. took a bit of a risk ordering the manual after only being able to test drive the auto, but not disappointed! drives great! think I'll leave i on the 62 plate for a while before i stick my own on there :spiteful:

post-127058-0-72581200-1354297631_thumb.

post-127058-0-70055400-1354297649_thumb.

post-127058-0-91654900-1354297663_thumb.

Welcome to the TOC. Your GT86 looks fantastic! Well worth the wait. I'm sure you've got the best looking car on your street now :) Enjoy!

took it out for a decent spin this morning (down some A-roads!) how closely do people follow the run in period? 1000miles suggested in the book... i want to redline it but think i might have to wait another 936miles! :mellow: lad over the road with a nissan 350z already came over and ask if he could look around it :laughing:

Depends what is meant by 'run in' - Apparently the best way of running in my diesel Yaris was to use the full rev range and not just drive at low revs (Or the same revs) all the time! :lol:

I guess drive normally and don't rag it but don't worry about using the full power of the engine?

the book also says do not exceed 4000rpm unless in case of an emergency...depends if they class wanting to show up a chav in his jumped up Corsa an emergency?

I ran mine in over four days. Decent runs gradually building the revs. Avoid motorway/constant speed/revs for the first few hundred-1,000 miles.

Nearly 4,000 miles and sweet as a nut now.

alright cheers. done 450 miles now but getting impatient, so might start getting more adventurous.

Looks great. Sure you'll enjoy it as much as any of us who want one would. Love it in black but if you can, I'd put your mirrors in if I were you. The mindless exist purely to destroy our hard earned property. I bet the 350Z driver will be buying a Toyota soon then?

:driving:

Very nice - I'm sure there will be plenty of envious green eyes in the street, lol.

Very nice, regular ownership updates would be good, I might just buy one next summer. Enjoy your car.

Paul

The car is only on the road for photographic purposes, it was swiftly moved to the safety of my driveway after that :) but you're right, always worth folding them in. As is parking as far away from anyone as possible in car parks! He was impressed with it, but says he would miss the power of his 350z, i had a 300hp RX8 before this and have barely thought about the drop in pace, its not all about speed its about being an all rounder.

as for ownership updates - i'll keep posting on the forum, but so far can't fault it for anything. If i was being VERY picking i would question the point of have 2 speedo's, i only ever use the digital one as its smack bang in the middle of the rev counter.

Steve - i was a bit sceptical when i hear they were putting a boxer engine in the GT86 as i heard many stories about a serious lack or torque. But im not suprised this one is very highly regarded, pulls well through the whole rev range so can' t complain.

• 1 month later...

The car is only on the road for photographic purposes, it was swiftly moved to the safety of my driveway after that :) but you're right, always worth folding them in. As is parking as far away from anyone as possible in car parks! He was impressed with it, but says he would miss the power of his 350z, i had a 300hp RX8 before this and have barely thought about the drop in pace, its not all about speed its about being an all rounder.

I know what he means though. My 350Z had bags of torque - not as much as the TVR obv, but plenty for traffic light GP. The 86 is more about poise and agilityy though - more fun in the long run.

Enjoy.