Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Replacing Avensis 2004 Rear Bulbs

Avensisitis33

Mother of God. Give me strength. Tried , and eventually succeeded to replace bulbs and check others on one side ,broke one clip in the process,found one was broken already. :)

Problem is I could not remove the one on the drivers side, please tell me , do toyota have a special tool to remove them as no sooner than ive unlocked one set of clips and move on to the next set the first set relocks. lost the plot and gave up.

BY THE WAY ,I WOULD LIKE TO THANK ALL THOSE WHO HAVE ANSWERED QUERIES AS ITS HELPED IMMENSELY, EVEN RESET THE ECU BY DISCONNECTING THE Battery FOR THIRTY MINUTES,TRULY FANTASTIC.

On the estate model the two pairs of clips have to be pulled outwards away from the centre and the bulb plate pulled forward and down.

Fitter

the main problem was one was missing and when id free the top two and then go to the only remaining bottom one the top two click locked again, i nearly had a breakdown.

I know exactly what you mean. I replaced a rear indicator bulb on my '04 avensis estate this very morning. The only thing that made it 'easy' was the fact that someone had been in there before me and managed to break most of the cheap plastic clips. So the the whole shebang came away with a bit of wiggling.

Have you tried replacing a headlight bulb yet? I think the Toyota engineers were working on the 'sealed for life' principle. Come back the 1960's car design (when there was no plastic to break and no electronics to fail) - all is forgiven!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links