Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Avensis 2003 Onwards Workshop Manual Or Disc

Avensisitis33

Wow you were up early this morning Peter!

It seems you have got yourself a bargain with that CD mate.

TSP.

Your correct, just woke up and could not get off again so as not to wake the misses i just got up made a cup of tea and went through the latest post on here.

Most garages have access tto workshop mauals covering repairs/servicing for models of most makes through their computers which no doubt they pay for with some annuel fee. these are officials manuels not homemade ones.

So i suspect that is where the CD for the daughters car came from.would not be surprised if its illegal to do so. a copyright thing.

Yes you can go on go on the Toyota tec site and for the 3 Euro you get 1 hours access.

Ive done this several times myself for wiring diaghrams.

But if i could get a CD covering my Auris that was as good as the Micra one for 2 quid why would i spend 3 euros for just one hour when i could spend as long as i liked for that 2 quid.. Its a no brainer,It would the same information and maybe more than the Tec site.

I checked with the seller of the CD i got to see if could get one for Auris but had no luck.

He is selling one for the MR2 i noticed.

Further to above.My daughter took her micra in for a sevice last year we ageed that she would get serviced at our local garage and i would do any repairs that needed to be done if these old bones could manage them.

When i removed the wheels when doing the brake shoe job,i noticed that the wheel nuts/bolts had beeen greased.

Now greasing wheel nuts in my days in the trade was a no no. So i rang the garage and asked why the greasing, as was told that was what Nissan said has to be done.

So it shows that they check servicing details on their PC for any model they are not familier with. And not just what they think should be done. which has to be a big plus for them.

I think re greasing wheel nuts you will find that they are using copper anti seize compound which helps stop adhesion between the common alloys that are in wheels and braking systems making it easier to remove . But I've NEVER found that this alloys wheel nuts to rotate free again. And as in all cases where wheels have been removed for ANY reason , they should be rechecked and tightened after a few days if there are any signs of loosening , again rare .

Most garages have access tto workshop mauals covering repairs/servicing for models of most makes through their computers which no doubt they pay for with some annuel fee. these are officials manuels not homemade ones.

So i suspect that is where the CD for the daughters car came from.would not be surprised if its illegal to do so. a copyright thing.

Yes you can go on go on the Toyota tec site and for the 3 Euro you get 1 hours access.

But if i could get a CD covering my Auris that was as good as the Micra one for 2 quid why would i spend 3 euros for just one hour when i could spend as long as i liked for that 2 quid.. Its a no brainer,It would the same information and maybe more than the Tec site.

Most independants use Autodata, yes they pay an annual subscription. They use information supplied by the manufacturer, and yes your £2 copy IS illegal, no question

You often find information from Autodata and Haynes a bit muddled, they are not able to supply specific information on specific chassis number ranges, or if they do, it is a bit too generic, where the genuine site does offer the specific information

We all know you can buy copied discs, whether it is technical information or Sat Nav or whatever, but from a legal point of view, we should be promoting the official source and not links to illegal copyright material

Kingo :thumbsup:

Agreed mate but human nature will prevail in these hard times and if a penny can be saved then it will .. legal or not.

I still think the 1Hr £3 download is a bargain for the correct info though.

Regards from the Jewish Beggar, and you can't get tighter or poorer than that ... Merry Christmas!! :newyear: HO! HO! HO!

Pete.

Agreed Pete, but this is an open forum, one must not condone £2 CD's all we will all have X Factor CD's for Christmas :lol:

Ebenezer Kingo :thumbsup:

Oh no,anything but that. I shall return the CD immediately.

I have not been through all the CD by any means but will check the last few pages to see who the supplied the Data.

As i said the details and instructions i checked out for brake shoes i fitted are very very detailed far more than you would get in say a Haynes Maual.Better than a official Ford workshop Manual i once brought for a Cortina.

watch this space.

Ha ha ha , thanks , I will keep the one hour download as an option when I simply can't find the correct info . If you have the link to that £3 an hour data site I would be truly grateful . Thanks all

If you look at Kingo's reply on page 3 ( NO kingo not page 3 of the Sun Newspaper ... naughty .... keep up!) he has put the link on there.

Pete.

Have checked out the CD fully. This a copy of a official Nissan workshop Maual that Nissan supply on CD.

If it was supplied by say AUTODATA or whoever then i am sure there would be some reference to the fact.

On the introduction it says produced by.

Nissan Europe

Service Operations

Paris

France.

Every part of car is covered in great detail.

Which you would expect with a genuine one.

I dont know if many manufacturers put their Manuals on CD,Pity they dont do so for my Auris.

If i cant get a Manual for the daughters car any other way and ones offrered on eBay Why shouldnt i take advantage of the fact.

Those who think i should not, then let them throw the first stone.

You show me someone who never done a thing they should not, and i will show you a liar.

Rant over.and a Merry Xmas to all

Ha ha ha , thanks , I will keep the one hour download as an option when I simply can't find the correct info . If you have the link to that £3 an hour data site I would be truly grateful . Thanks all

It is even better than £3, it is 3 EURO :D:

http://techdoc.toyota-europe.com

I think I prefer the Sun page 3 Pete :naughty::lol: :lol: