Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2013 Model Auris

BassaJay

Appears that this one is sneaking in under the radar, very low key discussion- wise on this forum site, especially considering the official UK launch is imminent.

Anyone seen it yet/impressions ?

There have been three I've seen three reviews this week on the new Auris - the HSD on the What Car and Honest John websites, and the 1.6 Icon on the Autocar website. Given that What Car and Autocar are published by Haymarket, yet again, their reviews seem similar and somewhat obsessed by the Golf. The Honest John review appears to me to be more focussed.

I saw one at the dealers today and had quite a good look around and sit in whilst chatting to one of the salesmen.

First impressions were good, the interior trim looked good with some soft touch sections on the dash. Seats seemed better shaped and more supportive.

The dealers had a blue and silver, the silver looked pretty sharp!

I think for me I will wait for the larger engined diesel perhaps 12 - 18 months off ( BMW sourced if rumours are correct)

I still think the VW golf is the benchmark in this class but the new Auris pity they didn't revive the Corolla name is closer to the golf than current models. It will be interesting to see some comparison tests against Golf Astra A3 Focus etc.

I think most dealers will have test vehicles in the next few weeks so it would be good to try one on the road.

Pete

I saw one yesterday. The model shown is the auris excel 1.6 valvematic manual.

First impression looks good, the front grill "new keen look" is nice., a bit longer than the old model. For me it doesnt look low as claim by toyota or its maybe im just used to my car which i lowered.

Interior is much improved with loads of soft touch in the dashboard, still loads of legroom both front and rear seat. Seat is less thinner and more supportive the old one making you feel that the whole car is lowered and better driving position.

Will be looking for a test drive soon

They were out as of yesterday. The seating position is lower and that gives a lower centre of gravity. The old Auris was more of a sit up design

When Toyota launch new cars to the dealers, they have the competition cars alongside so you can compare say Golf's / Focus etc to the new Auris. I did not go on this launch but everybody I spoke to said just how good the drive was compared to the opposition

I will try and write up a test drive review in the next week or so

Toyota want to hit the ground running with this model, for the first time in the history of the motor trade (as far as I can remember) they have some fantastic opening offers

Kingo :thumbsup:

They were out as of yesterday. The seating position is lower and that gives a lower centre of gravity. The old Auris was more of a sit up design

When Toyota launch new cars to the dealers, they have the competition cars alongside so you can compare say Golf's / Focus etc to the new Auris. I did not go on this launch but everybody I spoke to said just how good the drive was compared to the opposition

I will try and write up a test drive review in the next week or so

Toyota want to hit the ground running with this model, for the first time in the history of the motor trade (as far as I can remember) they have some fantastic opening offers

Just been looking at the brochure, I imagine the Icon level will be the biggest seller, seems a decent spec. What is the current anticipated lead time, order to delivery?

Toyota have been gearing up for this model launch for some time, so they have good stocks available at the moment. As I said above, they have got some cracking 0% offers and PCP deals on as they want a fast start for 2013 on this model. The specs are very good, ive just been looking over a few in the showroom, will get a run in one in the next couple of days and report back

Looking forward to Parts-King review.

As BassaJay states the Icon will be the most popular but at what price. £18000 for a 1.6 petrol and approaching £19000 for a 1.4 Diesel ( including extra for Paint) Auto another £1000 Hybrid over £22000.

Hope they have not become a little optimistic God knows how much a B.M.W diesel version will cost if the rumours are true. Straying into the B.M. W series 1 prices not to mention the Audi A3 and even more than the much praised (by What Car Magazine?) Golf.

Looking forward to Parts-King review.

As BassaJay states the Icon will be the most popular but at what price. £18000 for a 1.6 petrol and approaching £19000 for a 1.4 Diesel ( including extra for Paint) Auto another £1000 Hybrid over £22000.

Hope they have not become a little optimistic God knows how much a B.M.W diesel version will cost if the rumours are true. Straying into the B.M. W series 1 prices not to mention the Audi A3 and even more than the much praised (by What Car Magazine?) Golf.

DTD price for a 1.6 automatic ICON with metallic paint & nav.is £16788.22 otr including free delivery to any address in England - that's almost.2.3K off list.

On a new model that is some discount.

I wonder if the Toyota web site is giving the correct prices.

Prices on the Toyota website are correct, I wonder about the DTD price. Brand new model being discounted by more than the profit in the car? Something does not add up. I would imagine DTD are working off a Fleet partnership price they are working to. Fleet companies get more discount off a car than the dealer makes by selling it

Prices on the Toyota website are correct, I wonder about the DTD price. Brand new model being discounted by more than the profit in the car? Something does not add up. I would imagine DTD are working off a Fleet partnership price they are working to. Fleet companies get more discount off a car than the dealer makes by selling it

That quote did appear a little too generous to me, although they list the new car's model designations I wonder if their pricing is based on the old model? Would any franchised dealer actually bid for the sale based on that quoted price - somehow I doubt it.?

Well there is nothing like that sort of margin on a 19K car, so something does not stack up. Gone are the days where cars sat in fields for two years and you could get 30% off them. The way dealers are paid has changed completely

I do not want to flog this thread to death. But, Cars2buy are offering the Auris 1.6 Icon auto at a discount of £2183. Other sites about the same. Shall be interested to see if Toyota dealers can match or approach that figure.