Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My Puppy Eat The Wiring Loom.

davidcharman

My 10 month old puppy chewed through the wiring loom under the drivers seat of my 56 XT4 yesterday. I know why wasn't she in the boot??? Yes I asked my wife the same question.

So today I disconnected the Battery removed the seat set about repairing the loom, luckily she only bit through and didn't chew it all. I cut back soldered and shrink rapped.

A couple of questions, the wiring had 2 yellow and black and 2 yellow wires all with a silver marking on the wire at intervals, I tried to match the wires best I could by length of mark from the cut. I put it back together but the lights and message are still on. Does anyone know a way of checking the wires are correcty joined/ id'd? or if they are the the same wire anyway, there are 2 plugs to the seat, sensor, belt pretensioner and airbag I guess?

I have a USA ESM for the RAV but although it has a RHD wiring diagram it just has wire colours and ECU terminal numbers?

I will borrow a Snap On Modus on Monday to check and hopefully reset the codes but the wire colours may be an issue.

Cheers

David

Have you tried disconnecting the Battery? Airbag warning lights usually stay on to make the owner get it checked.

My 10 month old puppy chewed through the wiring loom under the drivers seat of my 56 XT4 yesterday. I know why wasn't she in the boot??? Yes I asked my wife the same question.

I reckon this is what she was doing http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-20614593 :D

Disagree there Steve.....simple cure is to place a wee piece of lead behind the dog's ear.....need to buy .22 pistol first though.

Bad Kev.:thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links