Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Keys

kawakev

Hi Folks

key fob broke tonight in the ignition, any suggestions for a replacement. have looked on eBay so many there any reccomendations.

regards

kev

Hi Folks

key fob broke tonight in the ignition, any suggestions for a replacement. have looked on ebay so many there any reccomendations.

regards

kev

Ya big fudd.....is yours a two button fob? Two in stock....have not forgotten wiper and oil wrench info.....been bizzy.

Big Kev

Hey Kev

thanks for the reply. cant believe my luck only got the car last sat and ive had a new windscreen, now fob breaks, anyhow, it is the two button kind with unlock and lock written on it. are they easy to replace. are your ones blank blades.

kev

Hi

Try this previous post, I had the same problem easily solved for around £10 a key.

http://www.toyotaown...ys#entry1186779

Thanks for that, I have replaced two fobs now, but the quality is only average, and it would be nice to have the logo on the key!! :clap:

Hi

Try this previous post, I had the same problem easily solved for around £10 a key.

http://www.toyotaown...ys#entry1186779

Have a look at Ian's links Kev, which may have Toyota logo'd wans on.....if that matters not, got a plain one in stock ready to post today (and it's a Santa freebie, which Aberdeen folks prefer....!!!!!) Yep.....uncut blank but wee key cutters do for aboot 4GBP.

Dead easy to swop over transpondificator.

Big Kev

Kev ur a star, have sent you a pm with address.Thanks to all who have replied so promptly to my plights.This forum is the dogs danglies.thanks again chaps.

Kev

See how you scotties get on when you get independance. I suppose you could use nessie as a anti submarine deterant.

Kev has probably got a new digital Polaris sub in the back bedroom just waiting for the right moment to declare it!!!

Would imagine our Kev will/might come south of the Border, if Mr Salmond gets his way!!!! If not he,s always welcome 60 miles west in the middle of the Irish sea.

Regards Clare

We get independence, Clare, and ah will marry yer Da to get a passport for that island !!!

Kev ur a star, have sent you a pm with address.Thanks to all who have replied so promptly to my plights.This forum is the dogs danglies.thanks again chaps.

Kev

Key posted 17.45 Kev.....also see yer inbox furra PM.

I've started on the tunnel to England already.

Few people round here undecided what they want to be, mind .... Saw 4 dingys on the river slap bang in the middle on Friday - half in England and half in Scotland :)

I've started on the tunnel to England already.

Few people round here undecided what they want to be, mind .... Saw 4 dingys on the river slap bang in the middle on Friday - half in England and half in Scotland :)

MEM mate.....maritime escape mode....ah bet the sharp ends were all pointing south....?

• 3 months later...

Hello, I will not start a new topic, so I'll ask here.

I bought a new old RAV4.3 and got 2 keys (keyless)

But they had a problem with keys and they lost plastic that hold the Battery on the chip in the key.

Is it possible to get one anywhere. At Toyota dealer said they just have the whole key (400 eur+)

I need just one small plastic, or if you have any idea, how to hold the Battery in the place... (have tried a few DIY, but no luck)

I need this:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/6386939/batter.png

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/6386939/bater.png

Hi Ipka,

I think your best bet is to try and find a copy one on e bay, and then put your insides in the new fob. 2nd, I would try a scrapyard and try a used unit, again replacing it with your inners!

Best of luck!

Toyota make the key cases out of butter as I have managed to break three. Stupid design with key just inside case so weakest point.. Easy to replace, but this time I've gone for a flip key designed one as it looks stronger and the remote internals will just swop straight in...

Happy raving

Remember this skeletal Battery holder bit is from a push button start T180, so comes under no strain at all. Had to replace two keys of wife's three door over last fortnight......anchor point within the fob is as Chatters says.....made of Anchor butter.

Big Kev

Anchor butter.

Kev, Isn't that somebody that gives the Derbyshire equivalent of a Glesga kiss? Anchor Butt-er??

Oh, forget it! S'not my fault, put it down to too many exchanges with a gooner-ised splaswegian.

Hi Ipka,

I think your best bet is to try and find a copy one on e bay, and then put your insides in the new fob. 2nd, I would try a scrapyard and try a used unit, again replacing it with your inners!

Best of luck!

Also No luck there. Been diving to the web (everywhere) looking and you got all other types of keys but for this one that I need, no way.

It's like thay made just 100 of them, and everyone is in use.