Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Interior Heating Blowing Cold

Rabbijon

Hi again. Just wanna say thanks for all the advice and help you guys are giving. Its very much apprecated. Yeah the water in the tank is gone altogether. Im assuming there will be some in the radiator, but the tank is empty.

Please all.....gonnae no tell me I need to go back again and read all five pages.....? This engine is buggirt and needs replacing surely......?

Big Kev

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rabbijon

• anchorman

• Big Kev

• Davrav

I believe the water pump is a pain to replace (very limited access), and an expensive item. When doing it, also get the cambelt replaced (assuming it's anything like needing it) as it is essentially the same god-awful job, requiring the same bit of nasty access.

Someone put me right, guys, if I'm mistaken . . .

Happy Xmas,

Chris

This is a T180 (please update your profile to stop us searching) so no timing belt. The water pump is awkward but doable with the engine in. However, given all the symptoms I rather fancy there could be head problems so ask your dealer to go down that route. A new engine comes with a water pump anyway.

This is a T180 (please update your profile to stop us searching) so no timing belt. The water pump is awkward but doable with the engine in. However, given all the symptoms I rather fancy there could be head problems so ask your dealer to go down that route. A new engine comes with a water pump anyway.

.........a euphamism for "bugirt....."

Hi all. Got the car back today with the water pump replaced. The interior heating is almost instant. Less than a mile in distance and less than 3 mins in the car and its nice and toasty. The radiator fans have not come on either since I've been out and about. They would have come on previously before the replaced water pump. Many thanks for the input and help.

The head issue that has been mentioned has got me worried though if its a particularly known problem within these engines. Will do some info finding about it.

On a side note, the mechanic said on his report "oil sweat at back of engine".

I will obviously go and speak to the mechanic after christmas break to find out more about it but any suggestions welcomed.

Should I move this to a new post?

Hi all. Got the car back today with the water pump replaced. The interior heating is almost instant. Less than a mile in distance and less than 3 mins in the car and its nice and toasty. The radiator fans have not come on either since I've been out and about. They would have come on previously before the replaced water pump. Many thanks for the input and help.

The head issue that has been mentioned has got me worried though if its a particularly known problem within these engines. Will do some info finding about it.

On a side note, the mechanic said on his report "oil sweat at back of engine".

I will obviously go and speak to the mechanic after christmas break to find out more about it but any suggestions welcomed.

Should I move this to a new post?

Result Rabbi....just as I suspected....totally fixable and not bugirt....

Great news! Had to be lousy circulation etc. around the water circuit. Result!

Happy Christmas, toasty feet, and all that good stuff.

Chris

It would be down to the coolant level - the pump has nothing to pump. Keep a close eye on the level just to make sure there are no other losses.

That was my concern when I made the bugirt diagnosis.....where had all the watter gone from the expansion bottle?

Then obviously the coolant gets so low the pump has nowt but air to circulate, so no heating.

Absolutely all the best, Rabbi, but deffo keep a close eye on that pink watter.....ah hope to be totally wrong, again, but something may be amiss.

Big Kev

• 2 months later...

Hey, wee update on the blower issue. Been having some fantasticly cool weather here in bonnie scotland but the good old rav has been great. Instant heat and been nice and toasty inside. I have been keeping a close eye on the coolant level and its been fine. Thanks again for everyones help and input.

Good news. Keep an eye on that coolant level.