Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bad Weather Dilemma

Aqualung666

There were posts over the last few years that when the temperature drops to less than about -2C the D4D engine idles at about 1200rpm no matter how warm it is (the engine!). Mine does this. I was reminded of it the other day when sure enough, one evening the temperature dropped and the Rav upped the revs. So if you have that much snow the chances are it will want to idle high because of the outside temperature.

What tyres are you running? You want to get yourself some proper winter boots which will help immensly. How fast is too fast for you? Can you take off in first with your foot on the brakeand force the revs to stay down? Alternatviely (and don't shoot me) you could slip the clutch which would allow the engine to power the wheels giving you the joy of 4WD at the lower speed. Just a thought (all be it a bad one!)

Golly, this is getting like 'Friends Reunited' :rolleyes:

Ee bah goom....ecky thump....trooble at mill, etc.......

Where did I put that song sheet?..................On Ilkley moor la la la

flat-cap.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links