Do Not Sell My Personal Information

B9004/iphone 4S

Mechman

Hi all.

I have just upgraded to an iPhone 4S. Does anyone know of a suitable kit to allow playing of tunes etc

through the B9004. My present Nokia handles calls etc through BT and I have all necessary phone numbers already individually inputted as I know that the B9004 will not accept a full transfer. The B9004

is a single play and on a long journey it is a bit of a bind along with disc storage.

The usual thanks go out to all who can help.

Regards

Brian

Hi all.

I have just upgraded to an Iphone 4S. Does anyone know of a suitable kit to allow playing of tunes etc

through the B9004. My present Nokia handles calls etc through BT and I have all necessary phone numbers already individually inputed as I know that the B9004 will not accept a full transfer. The B9004

is a single play and on a long journey it is a bit of a bind along with disc storage.

The usual thanks go out to all who can help.

Regards

Brian

Hi Brian,

Toyota sell a kit that allows you to connect an iPod to the B9004. I've not looked at the iPhone 4S but assume ( - OK, that's a big "assume" ) that the connector on the bottom is the usual Apple connector. Dice also do a kit ( part: I-TOYOTA-R/5V ) which performs a similar function. Using the kit will not give an alternative to the bluetooth connection required for handsfree phone use, but I believe that it will allow the "iPod type functionality" of the iPhone to work with the headunit. Don't know where abouts in Lancashire you are but I'm just the other side of the Pennines so if you wanted to try the unit before you bought one, we ought to be able to work something out. HTH :thumbsup:

Edited by three5

I've just replaced my 58827 unit with a Sony one, and while dismantling the dash I discovered a Toyota iPod cable kit . . . not sure if it's for the same fit as on a B9008, but I have no use for it

I've just replaced my 58827 unit with a Sony one, and while dismantling the dash I discovered a Toyota iPod cable kit . . . not sure if it's for the same fit as on a B9008, but I have no use for it

Hi Tony,

out of interest, which Sony unit did you go for? I replaced my B9004 unit with a XNV-L77BT and I find it an improvement in most circumstances. Certainly the TomTom mapping is cheaper to update.

Xcarlink do a kit for half the cost of the Toyota genuine kit and works superbly... Absolute doddle to fit !

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/XCARLINK-Car-iPod-iPhone-Adaptor-for-TOYOTA-Prius-RAV4-Yaris-Sequoia-SKU12851-/251004912553?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item3a710f03a9

Hi Tony.

If you think it may fit the 9004 i would be interested in trying it. Let me know what you want for it and how best to progress it.

Regards and thanks.

Brian

Hi Tony,

out of interest, which Sony unit did you go for? I replaced my B9004 unit with a XNV-L77BT and I find it an improvement in most circumstances. Certainly the TomTom mapping is cheaper to update.

I managed to pick up a XNV-L66BT for a very good price, while I wanted a 77 the price premium now they have been discontinued was just too big a nit on the wallet.

I love the TomTom mapping (once you get MyTomTom to work properly!!!), certainly cheap to keep up to date.

music wise it's excellent, I would like to have a proper 'Random' play function from where you are in the music directory on USB so ALL music or Artist Or Album. I may look at making a few music DVD's with everything in one directory (although IIRC there is a limit to the number of files in a directory) which might work.

Blue tooth is great, although having multiple devices connected at the same time would be really helpful (Work Phone and Personal Phone for example), and Blue tooth music is good . . .but limited to the same 'functions' as USB/CD

Love the rear camera input . . . complements the Beep Beeps well . . . Allows me to part within a cm of another car . . . as some Merc driver found out :D . . got him quite worried for some reason.

Brian, I have no idea if it will fit the B9004, but it is no use to me at all (I have an allergey to anything i related :D ), so PM me your address and I'll stick it in the post, if it works make a donation to Kingos Movemeber appeal.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Tony,

I managed to pick up a XNV-L66BT for a very good price, while I wanted a 77 the price premium now they have been discontinued was just too big a nit on the wallet.

I love the TomTom mapping (once you get MyTomTom to work properly!!!), certainly cheap to keep up to date.

music wise it's excellent, I would like to have a proper 'Random' play function from where you are in the music directory on USB so ALL music or Artist Or Album. I may look at making a few music DVD's with everything in one directory (although IIRC there is a limit to the number of files in a directory) which might work.

Blue tooth is great, although having multiple devices connected at the same time would be really helpful (Work Phone and Personal Phone for example), and Blue tooth music is good . . .but limited to the same 'functions' as USB/CD

Love the rear camera input . . . complements the Beep Beeps well . . . Allows me to part within a cm of another car . . . as some Merc driver found out :D . . got him quite worried for some reason.

Brian, I have no idea if it will fit the B9004, but it is no use to me at all (I have an allergey to anything i related :D ), so PM me your address and I'll stick it in the post, if it works make a donation to Kingos Movemeber appeal.

Hi Tony.

Thanks for the "bit", it arrived very promptly and who knows it may even work. Looking at photographs of the rear of the radio one socket looks a possible.

As per your request a donation has been forwarded to Kingo's Movember appeal.

Enjoy the hols.

Brian

Update.

I have fitted the unit, this is Toyota Part PZA73-00261-01. (This the same unit shown being installed in the link referred to by Gus in his posting above. Anchorman has covered it fully).

First, the positives. The unit does plug staight into the B9004 and connects to the ipod/iphone. Mine is a 4S. The 9004 charges the player, and music quality and volume match the existing internal CD player. Pressing the CD button cycles between the iplayer and the CD player. The external player reacts the same as usual when an incoming phone call is received.

Now the negatives. when the iplayer is connected it comes up with a fixed page "Accessory Connected" and is frozen and cannot be over ridden.

To play the music you have to select what you want and set it playing before connecting to the 9004. It will then play the selected album or playlist. If you stop playing using the radio and then restart it appears to pick up where it left off.

You have volume and skip up and down on the steering wheel. The only display on the screen when Audio is selected is an option showing for 6 tracks or discs but they have no relevance and no other information is shown. Just turning the 9004 off does not release the iplayer. you have to unplug or switch the ignition off.

Just for the record, I drilled a 28 dia hole through the top left hand side of the back wall of the cubby hole in front of the gear lever and passed the wire through it. With the iplayer plugged in it just sits in the cup holder.

Thanks to the TOC team.

Brian

Update.

I have fitted the unit, this is Toyota Part PZA73-00261-01. (This the same unit shown being installed in the link referred to by Gus in his posting above. Anchorman has covered it fully).

First, the positives. The unit does plug staight into the B9004 and connects to the ipod/iphone. Mine is a 4S. The 9004 charges the player, and music quality and volume match the existing internal CD player. Pressing the CD button cycles between the iplayer and the CD player. The external player reacts the same as usual when an incoming phone call is received.

Now the negatives. when the iplayer is connected it comes up with a fixed page "Accessory Connected" and is frozen and cannot be over ridden.

To play the music you have to select what you want and set it playing before connecting to the 9004. It will then play the selected album or playlist. If you stop playing using the radio and then restart it appears to pick up where it left off.

You have volume and skip up and down on the steering wheel. The only display on the screen when Audio is selected is an option showing for 6 tracks or discs but they have no relevance and no other information is shown. Just turning the 9004 off does not release the iplayer. you have to unplug or switch the ignition off.

Just for the record, I drilled a 28 dia hole through the top left hand side of the back wall of the cubby hole in front of the gear lever and passed the wire through it. With the iplayer plugged in it just sits in the cup holder.

Thanks to the TOC team.

Brian

Mmmmm Not sure why you have such a palaver to access the music ? The X car-link unit allows everything to be accessed via the steering wheel controls and displays the track being played on the nav screen.. Its a simple plug it in item and if a clown like me can fit it anyone can..

Update.

Thanks to the TOC team.

Brian

Mmmmm Not sure why you have such a palaver to access the music ? The X car-link unit allows everything to be accessed via the steering wheel controls and displays the track being played on the nav screen.. Its a simple plug it in item and if a clown like me can fit it anyone can..

Was this with a B9004 and can you search through different albums/playlists from the wheel when travelling?

Yes its just a case of pressing the buttons.. My unit is the B9004..