Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Worth While Upgrades Sr180 And Help With Getting The "stanced"

P34RC3

Hi all

I'm just wondering what performance and handling upgrades would you recommend?

As for styling I'd like to go down the "stanced" route so coilover recommendations would be great.

What are the current specs of my sr180 wheels and what's the widest, best offset I can fit on my car.

Any help with the above would be great

Arron

This subject has been covered elsewhere, but seeing as you've asked ;

Try a set of BC coilovers - adjustable for height & damping - probably a 7 kg front spring & 5 kg rear. I had these fitted on my Nissan & they were excellent.

A K&N panel filter combined with a slightly larger diameter cat-back would release a few ponies, but a more cost-effective gain would be a decent tuning box. There are plenty on the market, but don't buy the cheapest ones - they tend to be absolute rubbish. Most on here recommend Kingo's Toyota approved chip kit or a TDI-tuning/Racechips/DTUK box. Again, the pros & cons have been covered many times on here - try a search for more info.

The standard Toyota Motorsport wheels are 5x114mm with an offset of approx 40 if I remember correctly.

To get the stanced look you want a set of bc racing coilovers and some 17x8.5" front and 17x10" rear. Stretch the tyres and they'll fit. Or go for 18x8.5" and 18x9.5" but you can't go as low.

To get the stanced look you want a set of bc racing coilovers and some 17x8.5" front and 17x10" rear. Stretch the tyres and they'll fit. Or go for 18x8.5" and 18x9.5" but you can't go as low.

Not worth going 18's then? How low do the bc coilovers go? What tyre sizes would u reccomend? Is this something u have done your self? What et is best to use? Would it be 40 like unce buck has said?

I'm in talks with dtuk for a tuning box, used them twice before lol!

Thanks

"In talks"? Sounds like you are going to sign a strategic arms treaty ;)

Kingo :thumbsup:

"In talks"? Sounds like you are going to sign a strategic arms treaty ;)

Kingo :thumbsup:

LOL! Yh since iv used Dtuk before several times and also reccomend ppl alot im getting a very good price on one. Thats what i mean by "talks" :)

Not worth going 18's then? How low do the bc coilovers go? What tyre sizes would u reccomend? Is this something u have done your self? What et is best to use? Would it be 40 like unce buck has said?

I'm in talks with dtuk for a tuning box, used them twice before lol!

Thanks

Forget the 18inch bit. I read it wrong. What size tyres do ppl generally use with both 17's and 18's?

I use the standard size 225/45/17 tyres as they're expensive enough w/out paying for bigger rubber. I think you'd get away with one size wider at 235, but can't see the point really.

BC coilovers will go down approx 40mm from standard which is plenty - especially if you don't want to hit kerbs when parking up, lol.

I've got 18x8 front and 18x9 rear. 215/40/18 front and 225/40/18 rear. Et 42. Not quite wide enough but sits just about level with the arches. Maybe a few mm out on the rear.

Do BC racing do coilovers for the 2.2 D4D? I only see a kit for the torsion beam rear models..

Is that 40mm lower than standard ride height or sr/t180 ride height, I'm after getting as low as possible lol. I don't think I'd put wider tyres on them just stretch the standard size maybe? Is it easy to get 17x10 to fit on the rear?

Replying as an SR180 owner, I meant 40mm lower than that.

I honestly don't think a 10" wide rear rim would fit - but if it did, it's bound to be very close to rubbing against something !

It would be close but should fit as I've got between 1-2 inches space and I'm running 9" on the rear. Or you could just go for 8.5 all round and get 1" spacers on the back

I honestly don't think a 10" wide rear rim would fit - but if it did, it's bound to be very close to rubbing against something !

So will the BC coilovers go no lower than 40mm? If not i cant see me bothering with them. I might aswell get springs and save £££

Just realised you've got sr180 so different suspension to me so wouldnt 've able to say about the gap on yours

Got any pics of your car? Id like to see how yours is looking :)

So will the BC coilovers go no lower than 40mm? If not i cant see me bothering with them. I might aswell get springs and save £££

I didn't say they wouldn't go lower than that categorically, but approximately. Seriously, if you went much lower than that you'd be scraping the undertray on everything - multi-storey car parks would be a no-go zone for a start .........

If you decide on springs then there are at least 3 companies making them - Eibach, Wietec & H&R.

I didn't say they wouldn't go lower than that categorically, but approximately. Seriously, if you went much lower than that you'd be scraping the undertray on everything - multi-storey car parks would be a no-go zone for a start .........

If you decide on springs then there are at least 3 companies making them - Eibach, Wietec & H&R.

Is your car lowered? If so do you have any pics and how much by?

Yes it's lowered, but only by a very small amount. The Eibach Pro-kit springs are mainly for reducing body roll in the Auris, which as you've probably noticed is pretty poor in a standard model. On my SR180, they only lowered the car by about half an inch (12-13mm or so), but that woud be more on a non SR Auris model. The other springs might offer a bigger drop .......

BC coilovers are definitely the answer for a bigger drop with great handling, decent ride quality and adjustable damping.

I've known 2 people with Pi springs fitted & they both said the ride quality was appalling - very harsh over bumps. They also rusted enormously after only one winter, so I'd avoid these !

Pi do a 30mm front 40mm rear drop. Anyone used these? What sort of drop would it be on the sr?

It will be the 30mm and 40mm drop that the springs are made for... surely?!

It would be close but should fit as I've got between 1-2 inches space and I'm running 9" on the rear.

It's not only the wideness of the rims. The ET-number matters too. Which ET do you have mate?