Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2007 Rav4 2.2 Had New Dmf And Clutch And Still Vibration Through Clutc

davrow

I had a new engine fitted under warranty a few month ago and got the clutch and bearing done , since then it's has a vibration on clutch pedal and when you put your foot down it seems to bang and isn't smooth , DMF just been changed last week and no difference , any ideas ?..

Davrow

I had a new engine fitted under warranty a few month ago and got the clutch and bearing done , since then it's has a vibration on clutch pedal and when you put your foot down it seems to bang and isn't smooth , DMF just been changed last week and no difference , any ideas ?..

Davrow

Who said DMF needed done, David? Very very unusual for a 4.3 to fail in that department....

Big Kev

It went into a toyota main dealer ant they changed the DMF and the clutch ! The clutch had 9000 mile on it

If the new DMF hasn't cured the problem I would guess that they misaligned/damaged something when the engine was re-installed the first time.

When the engine is running and you press the clutch you can here the mechanics clunking in the clutch and when you release the pedal slowly you can feel vibration through the pedal .

When the engine is running and you press the clutch you can here the mechanics clunking in the clutch and when you release the pedal slowly you can feel vibration through the pedal .

That to me sounds like a misaligned malfitted clutch and / OR a thrust bearing that has either moved or is gubbered, mate.....Davrav was following my thoughts re a duff engine / gearbox alignification.....Paul McCartney job.....Get Back......

Cheers for that its going back to toyota for " another road test " tried two dealers now but they seem to cover each others backs ! It's still under warranty so told them this time to keep the car till its fixed

Take it back.

Who wrote that.....Mikey Jackson ?