Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Elm 327 Bluetooth Obd11 Heeeeeeelp!

Avensisitis33

Hi all . yesterday i bought a bluetooth ELM327 interface for use on my avensis 2004 from a very nice polish guy on Adverts.ie.

using my bluetooth on my laptop i cannot find a bluetooth signal from it. ?????

secondly i purchased the dash command app for my iPhone at a cost of 44.95 euro and it also cannot find a signal from it although he suggested this particular app for it .

also he said that when the application on the computer asks for a code/number to register he said it was 1234,this does not work , i also saw a thread saying it was 5678 and that also does not work.

paid 25 euro . but feeling diddled.

another problem is my computer runs on windows 7 which i think it does not work with.

please help anyone who has had this experience and may have a solution.

thanks . colin.

Try 12345, I have one of these and I have an Android App for my Phone called Torque and it works with that. Where in Ireland are you?

Do you have a picture of the unit? There are a few different kinds with different pin codes and bluetooth identifiers. Also, the last time I checked was admittedly about a year ago, but a normal iPhone could only communicate with the wifi based dongles due to Apple's restrictions on bluetooth.

Hi all . yesterday i bought a bluetooth ELM327 interface for use on my avensis 2004 from a very nice polish guy on Adverts.ie.

using my bluetooth on my laptop i cannot find a bluetooth signal from it. ?????

secondly i purchased the dash command app for my iphone at a cost of 44.95 euro and it also cannot find a signal from it although he suggested this particular app for it .

also he said that when the application on the computer asks for a code/number to register he said it was 1234,this does not work , i also saw a thread saying it was 5678 and that also does not work.

paid 25 euro . but feeling diddled.

another problem is my computer runs on windows 7 which i think it does not work with.

please help anyone who has had this experience and may have a solution.

thanks . colin.

Hello Colin,

same problem here, it works fine on my Android phone with the Torque free app but not on the laptop running Win 7. As Torque is only for android in put Scantools for the ELM327 on the laptop but it won't connect even though the laptop finds the ELM unit in bluetooth. The most common pairing code is 1234 as on mine but I believe 0000 or 5678 maybe an option so I will also be very interested to hear if anyone else has had any luck with the bluetooth ELM327 and windows 7. I have also read that the I-phone won't work with Torque software.

Regards ... Pete.

it may come down to BUYING a new system conventional type plug in directly as bluetooth / wifi seems to be the main stumbling block ,although it sounds easier ,which is why most people flock to them , direct plug in from computer seems to be the only way . apart from buying a new phone and laptop , ha ha ha , i wouldnt mind but that 25 euro could have bought a nice christmas present for myself like furry dice for the car.

my bluetooth on laptop did eventually find the unit but that still left me with windows 7 not being compatable with this.

Try running the app on your laptop in admin mode.

Right click on the app icon and choose "run as administrator"

As I do not have this rig, I can only try a guess.

HTH

what wifi based dongle will communicate with the iPhone ?

my bluetooth on laptop did eventually find the unit but that still left me with windows 7 not being compatable with this.

Found this article on the net and doesn't the I-phone have built in wifi already if yes can't you just use your sim card contract to connect. I'm sure my kids use MY wifi to connect their I-pods to the net etc. LOL.

My bluetooth elm327 also has wifi as a connection option.

How to set up WIFI ELM327 the OBD2 Auto Scanner Adapter to iPhone/iPad/iPod

Wifi ELM327 interface is able to detect and interpret obd2 and eobd protocols automatically. It also provides support for high speed communications and a low power sleep mode. It use AT commands to communicate with a host device, the devices such as PC, notebook, iPhone, iPod touch, iPad and so on.

Use your iPhone/iPod/iPad as an OBD2 reader. The portable nature of this type of OBD2 reader will enable the car owner to work around the car with the diagnostic information in hand.

How to set up? Here is the Elm327 WIFI obd2 auto check - iOS Easy Setup Guide:

1.Wifi Settings

Search wifi -- Connect to device (SSID: OBDDevice)

Static Tab -- IP Address: 192.168.0.123 -- Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

2.Software Settings

Open Software (your iOS sofware (ex: Rev DashCommand, FuzzyCar ))

Settings: Interface type : ELM -- Data Port : tcp://192.168.0.10:35000

Good luck .... Pete.

Thanks very much for all that info .