Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Low Engine Oil Warning

ghsaunders40

Hi all. I have a 2007 2.0 d4d tr. I check my oil weekly, but out if curiosity, does the car warn of low engine oil on the dashboard? I know when I start the car it shows a spanner with ok bel

Ow it. Is this just for servicing or will it show other faults? I've looked in the owners manual, but it's not that clear.

Thanks

Gareth

The sign suggest you to change the oil; after changing, reset computer (somewhere here, in the Auris forum there's a resetting procedure) and sign dissapears. Anyway, the car has a low level oil sensor so that you'll be informed. I'm talking about diesel Auris, and in your profile I see Aygo.

Thanks for that. I was not sure if it had a warning. The Aygo is my partners. Cheers,

Gareth

Hi

Sorry to hijack your post, but as its about oil warning lights etc, I hope that someone will be able to assist me with the issue I have.

I have a 2007 Auris D4D 2.0, on a drive from London to Rochester last Friday evening, I noticed that a warning was displayed on the dash, it states Oil Maintenance. The next day I checked the oil levels but these seemed to be ok, so I started to have a poke around on this forum. One suggestion was that the car may need a service, but this was done not more than 6 months ago (not at a main dealer though), another seems to state that it could be a oil pump failure/issue? I wonder if there is someone on here that can put the issue into simple terms for me.

My car is coming upto 60,000 miles. Is it safe to drive the car whilst this warning is being displayed?

Again sorry to hijack this thread, and thanks for any info you can provide...