Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1998 Toyota Avensis 1.8 Gs High Fuel Consumption ?

andrewm1

Hi me again :rolleyes: is it normal for the car to give me 100 Miles on half a tank of juice :disgust: ?

This is for town driving and the eco light is on most of the time (it just seams a bit heavy to me ) And i would like your views on this please

It has had a full service with All the filters changed @ 105.000 Miles . I also fitted a new thermostat witch fixed up my temps and idle problems that i was having the car is currently sitting on 106.250 Miles

Thanks

Its probably about right. What I find is that when the fuel indicator show half full, the tank isn't half full - its quite a bit less. My fuel indicator stays on or near the full mark for quite a while. Then when it starts to drop, it drops quickly. i.e. the amount shown by the fuel indicator isn't propotional the the fuel in the tank.

My car does over 100 miles before I get close to the 3/4 mark, 250 by half way, and close to 400 miles with 1/4 mark. That is my average town driving.

Because I went to Sussex over the weekend, my car is showing 280 miles just above the half way mark. I did not drive lightfooted.

My car is 1998 1.8 7A-FE GLS. It has had a recent oil change plus recent spark plug and new HT leads. Over 120,000 miles.

My gauge does stay near full before steadily dropping.

I seem to only put in just over 50 litres of petrol.

Thanks for your info guys . But i still think its to heavy is there anything i can look at to try and get more of a reasonable milage ?

Hi fully agree with talldave but make sure you have the correct sparkpklugs fitted they must be denso iridiums for best economy not cheap but last a lot longer than alternative plugs