Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Rav Prices/models Announced

dave.m

The 2013 Toyota RAV4 will be priced between £22,595 and £29,295 when it goes on sale in March. Three grades will be available: Active, Icon and Invincible. Active models feature 17in alloys, air-con and bluetooth, while Icon models feature a top-hinged powered tailgate, dual-zone air-con and Toyota Touch multimedia touchscreen system with a DAB and rear-view camera. Top-spec Invincible models are fitted with leather upholstery, heated front seats and rear park sensors.

http://www.autocar.c...rices-announced

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CharlieFarlie

• Paulus17

• GreyRacer

• silly sausage

Thanks for that. Having spent X hundred on a new 13 plate yesterday I don't sadly think it will be going on one as much as I would like to say it will be.

Thanks for that. Having spent X hundred on a new 13 plate yesterday I don't sadly think it will be going on one as much as I would like to say it will be.

????????? are you saying that you have put a deposit on a new model ?????

????????? are you saying that you have put a deposit on a new model ?????

Sorry didn't make that clear. Bought a 13 plate from the dvla website as they were released yesterday. All I need is a car to put it on.

Back to the Invincible name !, my old LC Invincible was my best Toyota yet, the prices sound competitive when you look at what Kia, Hyundai and especially Honda are are retailing at.

Quick note on cherished numbers, if anybody knows a 'Sue' with a recent Vw Polo I have P010 S00 on retention.

So basically for a powered upward opening tailgate I've got to spend £5,000 more than what I have now when my XT-R was new.

I reckon contrary to initial reports and reviews, prices are definitely higher for a comparable spec. The new entry RAV is a bit of a poverty spec compared to the entry one available for the last few years. No dual-zone aircon ( and it sounds like basic aircon and not climate control too), no folding mirrors even :(

And one item that is a very disappointing omission (especially as this is getting more and more common ....) - a large glass roof panel. I had this on my Qashqai and it was probably the best feature of the car. I'll have a drive of the new RAV but I am 99% sure I would not buy one as nothing in the spec says it will be worth changing for - and the one thing that could make a difference looks like it hasn't changed, that being an economical diesel automatic.

The one thing that could make a difference looks like it hasn't changed, that being an economical diesel automatic.

Or just an economical Diesel. I'd love to see a 1800cc V6 multi air diesel, with 'eco' functions (a bit like the VW blue motion), as for the 'new' car . . . . it really doesn't do a lot for me

32K is taking the Pi88 now to get what is a normally expected specification and an old style uneconomic engine. That sort of money opens a whole new area of cars to consider.

Hmmmmmm....

I'm a Toyota and Rav fan, but I reckon Toyota have missed a trick on this new Rav. Different models with myriad different specs and options put me right off. I havnt seen it in the flesh yet, but I don't think it looks rugged at all. Surely auto folding wing mirrors,auto dim rear view mirrors, dual zone climate etc etc are all standard spec item these days.

If your thinking of spending £30k on one, my advice would be to purchase a year or two old Land Cruiser.

Relax, it won't be long before we see some discounts.

Hopefully give it a year and you will be right. I was holding off buying new summer tyres and fitting the new MTEC rear discs and pads all round that I have but I'll just go ahead now. Think I'll be running the wife's XT-R for another year or so now. First MOT in March.

I am disappointed I do a low annual mileage with lot of short journeys and very occasional difficult towing.

Because of slow warm up and particulate filter issues of a diesel I would usually head for a manual petrol.

Instead there is one Petrol option with a CVT auto transmission ?

I am not sure I would like to tow with a complex CVT auto outside the warranty period !!

Somewhat euphamistically put by Grey Racer....."Toyota have missed a trick...." We are either a moaning faced bunch of auld grumps, (no offence, Gus.....) or they really have just brought out a different body shape. Some smart money will deffo be going elsewhere.

Big Kev

Off topic with this one but when was the petrol 4.3 phased out??

Suspect I might be first on here to say this but personally I like the outside and the inside, and yes I would buy one :thumbsup:

Ive seen the models in the flesh and sat in them, very nice indeed

Kingo :thumbsup:

Ive seen the models in the flesh and sat in them, very nice indeed

Kingo :thumbsup:

Would like to drive one before final opinion, but won't be wasting any sales guy' s time on test drives with no intent to buy....seems fair to me....

Big Kev

interesting comment on the Toyota UK blog, no spare wheel as that is a US market option only and the UK will have no option to buy one, will be supplied with a tyre repair kit, I wonder if it will still have the space to put the spare in the UK models?

Sunroof a factory fit option.

Gus

I am disappointed I do a low annual mileage with lot of short journeys and very occasional difficult towing.

Because of slow warm up and particulate filter issues of a diesel I would usually head for a manual petrol.

Instead there is one Petrol option with a CVT auto transmission ?

I am not sure I would like to tow with a complex CVT auto outside the warranty period !!

Exactly my thoughts. You can only get one level of trim with the petrol and why would anyone buy a 4x4 without any kind of spare tyre?

I am not suggesting that these will not be nice. My wife likes the outside but is concerned about the increase in overall size. I'll wait and see what the inside looks like but the dash looks Americanized to me. My grump is with the price and the fitment of the existing diesel. Where is the BMW unit.

But wait!! It's a marketing ploy by Toyota, sell this lot at top dollar as the 4.4.5 will be released in mid year 2014 with the new engines and a better price with all the goodies we normally expect as standard. I'll just wait thank you. Or do something I thought would never happen. Look at other 4x4 marks. And I've had 8 new T's since 1993.

Where is the BMW unit.

But wait!! It's a marketing ploy by Toyota, sell this lot at top dollar as the 4.4.5 will be released in mid year 2014 with the new engines and a better price

The contract with BMW to supply their diesel engines to Toyota doesn't start until 2014. http://blog.toyota.co.uk/toyota-and-bmw-to-make-ever-better-cars

That's why the new Auris and RAV4 do not have BMW diesels. BMW haven't given them any yet!

Sorry to spoil your conspiracy theory...

Where is the BMW unit.

But wait!! It's a marketing ploy by Toyota, sell this lot at top dollar as the 4.4.5 will be released in mid year 2014 with the new engines and a better price

The contract with BMW to supply their diesel engines to Toyota doesn't start until 2014. http://blog.toyota.c...ver-better-cars

That's why the new Auris and RAV4 do not have BMW diesels. BMW haven't given them any yet!

Sorry to spoil your conspiracy theory...

Just in time for a facelifted 4.4 then Duncs :thumbsup: