Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Prius + - T4 Vs T-Spirit

colonel

I was thinking of the T4 with leather seats and satnav, just to get the congestion charge exemption for London

Now thats over in July, and thus won't effect the long term resale value, it seems better value to get the T-Spirit

The only thing I was concerned about is whether its alot more bumpy with the 17" wheels

Anyone driven both who can comment ?

The Gen III T-Spirit with 17 inch wheels is noticeably bumpier than the Gen II T-Spirit with 16 inch wheels. So I expect that the 15 inch wheel version would be preferable.

The 17 inch tyres are also around twice the price of the 15 inch versions, and lose about 2mpg

However, the Honda Civic I had before the Gen II also had 17 inch wheels (225-45 R17) and gave a much bumpier ride than the Gen III.

Overall, If I'd had the choice I would have gone for the 15 inch wheels. However, I'd hate to have had a Prius without the reversing camera, so the T-Spirit won.

interesting

I was asking about the Prius +, which has 16" (T4) or 17" (T-Spirit)

The Prius + is apparently quieter on the road then the current Prius

Your point about the cost of the tyres is well taken, I bought 18" on my current car because they look nice, but they have cost me a fortune over the years

Can you haggle in smaller rims when buying?

Now thats over in July, and thus won't effect the long term resale value, it seems better value to get the T-Spirit

Is there a change to the congestion charge discount?

Is there a change to the congestion charge discount?

It is currently proposed that the CO2 exemption from the congestion charge is moved down from 99g to 75g beginning July 2013.

This means that the only prius that would be eligible is the plug-in

For 99g and below prius users that have registered for exemption before July, their exemption will be extended to 2015

rgds

Overall, If I'd had the choice I would have gone for the 15 inch wheels. However, I'd hate to have had a Prius without the reversing camera, so the T-Spirit won.

I too would much rather have the 15 inch wheels/tyres for a better ride....but after saying that, my previous Honda Civic Hybrid (saloon) had 15 inch wheels fitted as standard but the ride was much harsher than the Prius........

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links