Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Iq2 Brake Upgrade....

DFish

For a while I've been thinking that the iQ's brakes are not all that....

BGDevs.jpg

Discs.jpg

So I thought these might just be enough. ;)

Fish

WOW! STOP! Easy now... Are you seriously going to fit these to your iQ? I think they'll certainly put a STOP to bad braking and may well STOP you from colliding with somefink. Will they fit?

I find the brakes very good, tried them out on a down hill section the other week. Not a full on E-stop but heavy footed and was really pleased.

I had a completely unexpected emergency stop last year when a pack of dogs got out of a kennels setup next to a main road out in the country, as I was passsing in the IQ at about 60mph. I just slammed everything on to stop as quickly as posssible and was very impressed at the very rapid and controlled stop that unsued bearing in mind that I also had to steer in amongst the dogs while braking. I don't think I could have stopped any quicker without the wheels locking up, which obviously would have been not good. So I am happy with what I've got ! John

They are in fact being installed on my other car as I dont fancy :blowup: when it's on track.

The OE brakes on the iQ are not bad to be fair, nothing that I'd be looking to change for a city car.

Fish

Taz there's no way I would touch them, not using Wilwood calipers! I would have more faith on a chocolate teapot over those. Only ever use AP, Brembo or Alcon for brake upgrades.

Fish

Not doing it to my ride. I have changed out my rotors to the ones from R1 Concepts Brake Parts but the calipers are still stock. With the modifications I've done on my wheels (clearance issues) I wouldn't be able to fit a big brake kit in there.

I haven't see any kits from the companies you mentioned.

"chocolate teapot" that's priceless. I'll have to remember that phrase.

They look like a copy of the AP 5000 family calipers, but never tried them as brakes are something I'd rather have 100%.

Fish