Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Tyres ?

whipitonce

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for new tyres for my Rav4?

It still has it's original Yokohama's after 37000..

Mine are 225/ 65r 17 101H.

I have had one quote for

4 Goodyear Efficient Grip SUV 225/65 R17 102H

at £510 from a local dealer and thats fitted and balanced.

Any info welcome..

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for new tyres for my Rav4?

It still has it's original Yokohama's after 37000..

Mine are 225/ 65r 17 101H.

I have had one quote for

4 Goodyear Efficient Grip SUV 225/65 R17 102H

at £510 from a local dealer and thats fitted and balanced.

Any info welcome..

Hi,

there is a vast amount of information and opinion about replacement tyres for a 4.3 on this forum. I've not seen the Goodyear ones you refer to but the price seems reasonable. It would be worth using the search facility on the forum to get some other opinions.

Just had the Goodyear tyres fitted to my Rav and have to say I'm very impressed so far. Much less road noise and so far anyway no problem in the snow and ice. Price looks good. I got mine via Blackcircles took advantage of their credit arrangement and got over 2000 tesco points.

I use Goodyear Eagle FI Assymetric MK2 on my Celica and Goodyear now make an SUV version which I'm going to fit after the winters come off.

My choice would be Yokohama Geolanders, I have had them on three Ravs and found them to be very good in all respects. If you are looking for a winter tyre then I have recently fitted a set of Continental Winter Contacts which made the Rav feel very sure footed in the first snow of the year we had here today.

STICK WITH THE GEOLANDERS. I got 43k out of my rear set and 38k out of the fronts. They are great in all conditions. I paid £121.00 a tyre at my local independent about 3-4weeks ago.

STICK WITH THE GEOLANDERS. I got 43k out of my rear set and 38k out of the fronts. They are great in all conditions. I paid £121.00 a tyre at my local independent about 3-4weeks ago.

Yep....me too,Yoko geolanders A/T on mine, had them for about 4 years now , done about 40'000 miles in them,they are a little noisy but ,grip well in snow, and didnt stop me in our area during snow early wed morning....that WAS a suprise.

Mind you i have just had mine moved around,part worn fronts,moved to rear,...rear ones were almost as new still,...they are now on front......and i'm getting a very slight whirr from the tread noise.

But i also think i get a lot of wind noise from my Roof Rack / lights......worth it though for the extra illumination at night LOL

as for me the original yokos are a bit noisy but in fact their performance as all season tyres is perfect

regards

So.......as i've only ever had all terrain tyres on my Rav,what the difference between " All terrain " and " Winter tyres " please,Is it tread layout ?,tread depth ?..........

So.......as i've only ever had all terrain tyres on my Rav,what the difference between " All terrain " and " Winter tyres " please,Is it tread layout ?,tread depth ?..........

The main factor is the different rubber compound and how it reacts to temperature, winter tyres remain more 'pliable' in colder temperatures due to having more natural rubber in them, also they tend to have more dispersal tread. There's no difference in tread depth as such. My Rav feels very sure footed with Continental winter tyres on, so much so that i'm putting a set on the Yaris this week.

• 3 months later...

My wife previously had a Rav4 with Yokos when we bought it and they were a great all round tyre but as others have said very noisy. So we changed and got the Goodyear's from Best4 Tyres six-seven months before selling it and these were also a good set of tyres. Much quieter if that is what you are after but not sure they would be a good winter season tyre.

IF 99.9% of your driving is on tarmac I would fit H/T (Highway Terrain) rather than A/T, much quieter and yet still has great grip

in the slippery stuff.

The landrovers that drive past our house with General Grabber A/Ts can be heard coming down the road a mile away! (tyre roar!)

God knows how loud it is inside the car.

any 1 had the yokos perish mine still got 5mm of tred left but spiting between treds not happy

I know this isnt a winter tyre thead but my story FYI:

Well I know there are a lot of Bridgestone haters on here but my 2 cents worth. My Rav has Bridgestone Dueler A/T's fitted all round - the rear two are 1 month old as well.

I live in North Wales and last week we had a load of snow dump down on us - the worst I have ever seen. The lane I live in only has 6 other houses so the snow didnt clear for 5 days. There was a good foot of snow on the lane and the RAV was amazing, I even left 4wd off a couple of times and it just ploughed through the snow without a glitch. Last Sunday we had to go food shopping and the main roads were still awful and the RAV performed without a problem as well. It was brilliant - I'm so glad I got the Rav4 for the Mrs as boy did it come in handy.

Now, here's the dilemma - my other car has Conti Winter Contact TS830p fitted and I couldnt get down my lane - I tried, I failed I got stuck in a pothole, manged to reverse out and left my car in the village for 4 days! I think a lot is down to clearance and the Rav sure does have the clearance to drive through snow. I was contemplating fitting winter tyres on the RAV next year but after seeing how it performed with the Bridgestone's I dont think I will bother.

So for me, next year ditch the winters on my daily driver, stay with A/T's on the RAV and not bother with winters. And just use the RAV if it snows again.

And just to show how bad the snow was it's still not defrosted out of my garden - It'll be 2 weeks this Friday.

So, the snow on the lane has now turned to mud and again the Duelers are performing great, OK they are a bit noisy on tarmac but what isnt? Jees - you wanna hear the Michelin Pilot Super Sports on my other car! awful....

Sorry if going a bit off topic but hopefully somebody will benefit.

I know this isnt a winter tyre thead but my story FYI:

Well I know there are a lot of Bridgestone haters on here but my 2 cents worth. My Rav has Bridgestone Dueler A/T's fitted all round - the rear two are 1 month old as well.

I live in North Wales and last week we had a load of snow dump down on us - the worst I have ever seen. The lane I live in only has 6 other houses so the snow didnt clear for 5 days. There was a good foot of snow on the lane and the RAV was amazing, I even left 4wd off a couple of times and it just ploughed through the snow without a glitch. Last Sunday we had to go food shopping and the main roads were still awful and the RAV performed without a problem as well. It was brilliant - I'm so glad I got the Rav4 for the Mrs as boy did it come in handy.

Now, here's the dilemma - my other car has Conti Winter Contact TS830p fitted and I couldnt get down my lane - I tried, I failed I got stuck in a pothole, manged to reverse out and left my car in the village for 4 days! I think a lot is down to clearance and the Rav sure does have the clearance to drive through snow. I was contemplating fitting winter tyres on the RAV next year but after seeing how it performed with the Bridgestone's I dont think I will bother.

So for me, next year ditch the winters on my daily driver, stay with A/T's on the RAV and not bother with winters. And just use the RAV if it snows again.

And just to show how bad the snow was it's still not defrosted out of my garden - It'll be 2 weeks this Friday.

So, the snow on the lane has now turned to mud and again the Duelers are performing great, OK they are a bit noisy on tarmac but what isnt? Jees - you wanna hear the Michelin Pilot Super Sports on my other car! awful....

Sorry if going a bit off topic but hopefully somebody will benefit.

Paragraph 3 ......"I even left the 4WD off....." How do you know? Remember, it comes on seamlessly, electrically, and electronicfully, so you cannae tell, mucker. All you can do is pre select it, and it self cancels around 25mph if not sensed as being required. What a clever wee car (well....wee in comparison to the new wan...)