Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fuel Needle Takes Ages

GazSi

i'm having trouble with the fuel needle on my 2000 avensis, when i got it it was fine, i've had it just over a week and recently the needle takes ages to go up or dosent at all, if its a full tank it goes up then, but if i have just under half or 1/4 it takes forever, sometimes doesent even move, i'm having to judge off the range at the moment, would it be because of the cold weather, its really bugging me now, cheers

mine's the same...... whats wrong is the connection at the back isn't great......but if you just tap the glass over the needle a few times it comes up to where it should be !!!

The faces of the dials are made from a printed plasti-card, this is known to peel away from its backing overtime and was subject to a Technical service bulletin. This bulletin described a modification to re-stick the faces to their backings,

The bulletin basically stated "Customers may report that the sweeping needles on the instrument cluster assy' may become stuck, stutter when moving or become very slow in operation" Customers mat also state "Tapping or knocking the Instrument cluster assy' may temporarily allow the needles to move " a modification kit of small adhesive patches was made available and the job involved stripping down the dials, removing the needles, peeling the faces away and adding sticky patches especially around the needle shaft hole to ensure the faces no longer lift up & touch the back of the needles.

Devon

i'm having trouble with the fuel needle on my 2000 avensis, when i got it it was fine, i've had it just over a week and recently the needle takes ages to go up or dosent at all, if its a full tank it goes up then, but if i have just under half or 1/4 it takes forever, sometimes doesent even move, i'm having to judge off the range at the moment, would it be because of the cold weather, its really bugging me now, cheers

the level sensor is affected when less than 1/4 is in tank on continious working. its sensitive element kicks against movement restrictors leading to failure . you have to take unit off the ank and inspect it. regards

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links