Do Not Sell My Personal Information

?accelerator

kawakev

Hello

Not sure if its a problem with the accelerator pedal or with throttle body but a couple of times primarily when i start the car first thing in the morning, the engine screams out like the pedal is hard down. I kick it then revs go back to norm.

Anybody got ideas

Kev

Its not clear from your post what year your car is ?

Around late 2003/2004 they switched to a drive by wire system.

The old system had a throttle cable going to the throttle body, the later system has a sensor mounted near the accelerator pedal and a motor in the throttle body.

Either way, first thing would be to first stick your head under the dash and check the accelerator mechanism especially any return springs.

Hello

Not sure if its a problem with the accelerator pedal or with throttle body but a couple of times primarily when i start the car first thing in the morning, the engine screams out like the pedal is hard down. I kick it then revs go back to norm.

Anybody got ideas

Kev

it looks like the sound in question is an ABS self diagnostic/ it is quite normal for ABS

if no an alert on the clocks then nothing to worry about

regards

Hi

The car is an early 2005, was wondering if it could be the sticky butterfly as mentioned in other posts.