Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

07 Toyota Avensis D4D Coolant Loss

Deakin

Hi guys wondering if you could help me out on a couple of issues my 07 avensis d4d has started to loose a little coolant,now i started to panic and thought the worst that it might be the head gasket that a lot of people seem to be having an issue with.But as it turns out it is the water pump that is away i also had a pressure test done and it was only loosing 1 pound of pressure which i am told is very little,my first issue is when i have the water pump fitted is this a total fix or will the head gasket eventually go like so many others on the forum?that leads me on to the next issue which is how many of the ADT250R engines have blown the head head gasket will it happen to the all at some time?.Thanks for any help.The Deakin ps my avensis has 125000 miles on the clock.

Hello mate, replacing the water punp will cure the leak all be it quite an expensive job so shop around.

Knowone can say if you will or will not have a gasket problem but you will have if you don't get the leak cured.

Unfortunately both the gasket and the water pump are now out of the extended warranty at 125000 miles.

Answer to your final question about how many head gaskets.... only Toyota know the answer to that and they won't tell!

All I can say is get the water pump fixed so as the leak has gone, continue to monitor the water levels in the future and if you start losing coolant again trade it in because it would cost more than than the cars value today ... up to £7,000.00 if the gasket goes.

Regards and good luck ... Pete.

Hi guys wondering if you could help me out on a couple of issues my 07 avensis d4d has started to loose a little coolant,now i started to panic and thought the worst that it might be the head gasket that a lot of people seem to be having an issue with.But as it turns out it is the water pump that is away i also had a pressure test done and it was only loosing 1 pound of pressure which i am told is very little,my first issue is when i have the water pump fitted is this a total fix or will the head gasket eventually go like so many others on the forum?that leads me on to the next issue which is how many of the ADT250R engines have blown the head head gasket will it happen to the all at some time?.Thanks for any help.The Deakin ps my avensis has 125000 miles on the clock.

have you disclosed the spot of leak ???

Thanks for the replys but i dont really know what you mean by have you disclosed the spot of the leak?igormus do you mean have i found the leak?.

My 2006 d4d started leaking coolant at 66000 miles,

Had water pump replaced and car has now done 138000 miles without any more problems however i am constantly in fear of head gasket failure and keep a close eye on coolant and oil levels.

Has anyone else on the forums had to put a new water pump in like john joe above, and how many miles have they done to date?, i can see that john joe have been able to do another 72000 miles trouble free motoring can anyone better this.Thanks again. The Deakin.

Thanks for the replys but i dont really know what you mean by have you disclosed the spot of the leak?igormus do you mean have i found the leak?.

yes I do

Yea igormus i have found the leak once i had the pressure test done it made it leak even more thats how i was able to detect it,how come the water pump only lasts for 50000 to 60000 my old avensis has 253000 and never had the water pump changed, and it is still going strong my wife is driving away at it.The Deakin

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links