Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Error/service Lights

marty2810

Hi guys,

my 2.2 avensis TR D4D estate shows me a yellow exclmation mark along with the message 'oil maintenance required' thought initially this was due to low oil level but on checking dipstick oil level is fine (?)

also does the Avensis have the 15pin fault reader/error code connection and if so where is it situated.

any help appreciated, thanks in advance

Marty

Regards the OBD11 connector in your car , it should be just above the accelerator pedal , facing downwards with a black cap , same shape as the obd11 connector and with OBD11 clearly marked on it .

If you have had a recent oil change and the last person didn't reset the oil change settings then it will come on automatically after a set mileage ( don't ask , cos I don't know what the interval mileage is :) only have this about two weeks so like yourself , I'm learning :)

Most fault lights can be reset by simply disconnecting the Battery for about 20 min but I've seen a few threads where I think it can be done for less but better to be sure to be sure :) and I know in the car manual there is another way ( and perhaps the only way ) to reset the oil change light

The light may have not been reset previously, its only a warning to change oil, i think toyota must have the lights set to 15-20k miles for an oil change which isnt enough in my opinion, anyway just reset the light

Regards phil

To reset turn ignition to on (dont turn engine over) put odo onto trip a, and turn igniton off, hold odometer reset button and turn back to ignition on, there will be a spanner and a countdown of approx 5 seconds, and done

Regards phil

Thanks Phil , I will make note of that also and I agree that those intervals are too long especially if you want it to last a long time as they do if oil is changed regularly and at shorter intervals

cheers guys appreciate the comments thanks for all your input :)

Marty