Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Owner Finally

Fury

Hi Fella's,

Thanks for all the advise, and I finally collected my new toy on Thursday. Left Dublin at 9.00 Thursday morning and collected car in Birmingham and returned home on firday morning at 12.40 am. I haven't stopped smiling yet.

She is a beauty, '97 Goodwood green T-Bar, N/A, leather interior, 70K miles.

The only thing wrong is, with the snow that you guys get, someone still hasn't come up with an alternative for salt on the roads. This has attacked the lacquer on the wheels and made white blotches on them (All of them). The wheels are the stock highly polished ones.

Has anyone fixed this themselves are am I looking at trying to source a guy to relacquer the wheels?

Thanks,

Liam

get them refurbished/powder coated and theyll look brand spankign new. Mines were done by the previous owner in 2000 and they look brand new (gonne be selling them in june if anyones interested btw!?)

anyway looking at the reciepts i see that he had

4 x powder coated wheels

4 x stainless steel valves

2 x 225/50/15 (toyo proxes)

2 x 195/55/15 (toyo proxes)

all for 445.98 quid, unfortunately theres no breakdown of prices but i would imagine the powder coatign to be around 200 quid. hope that helps :thumbsup:

Just in the process of doing mine. My car ia a late 96 GLTD and came with the diamond cut polished wheels which were perfect. Now after 2 years they look s**t with white blotches all over. What I've done is take the wheels off (only done the rears as yet, fronts this week) sanded off all the laquer and sanded out the pitting (used fairly rough emery for this), then went over them again with wet and dry (medium) to polish out the scratches caused by the emery, then again with very fine wet and dry(using it wet) which gave me a smooth finish, then using solvol autosol metal polish gave them 3 good polishes each. I think they look good, not the diamond cut look but they shine the same. When I'm finished I will give them another polish then clean and clear laquer I think, although if you polish them regulary I guess you could manage without. I will try to get some pics later. The alternative is to spend £30 to £50 per wheel for a proffesional re-furb.

i htink i'd spent the money to get the wheels pro done. it should last for a bit shouldnt it?

-Z

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links