Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I'm A New Auris Owner

Ashley_E

Hi,

I'm very new on here, but recently upgraded my old yaris for a 2008 auris. got it on the 24th of October and now i've had a chance to get to know the car persoanlly i have to say it's fantastic. MPG nowhere near what the little 2001 yaris could do but i expected 40 pg at best and before the winter really kicked in i was getting 45 out of it.

i love love LOVE LOVE LOVE my new car. and i don't see many auris's on the road. much more exclusive than a ford focus or a golf! which apparantly were better cars. nonsense. and the auris looks nicer :-)

Welcome to the club. Glad you`re pleased with your new car. What version Auris do you have?

Yes, I'm on my second Auris 1.33 - I had a 2009 1.33 TR for three years, and swapped it for a new 1.33 Edition at the end of October. Very pleased with both. Nice to drive, roomy, good economy, good on distance trips.

Welcome to the club.

Glad you like the Auris, it's a good car whichever model you have. There are quite a few Auris models where I live, but that's probably because of the Toyota dealer close by !

You see i didn't realise they did it in a 1.33 engine. i thought the 1.6 was the smallest. probably should have looked at that really. but i do like the extra power. having gone from an 11 year old base model 1.0 Yaris it feels like a zonda in comparrison. although the 0-40 is about the same. that old thing could move off the lights.

The 1.33 was a new engine brought in to replace the ageing 2.0 D4D and the 1.6 Petrol.

The 1.33 replaced the petrol 1.4 VVT-I. The 1.6 was developed into the Valvematic and is still used in the new Auris. Presumably the 2.0 D4D was replaced by the 1.8 Hybrid.

The 1.33 was a new engine brought in to replace the ageing 2.0 D4D and the 1.6 Petrol.

Not quite mate, it was brought in to offer a new eco option. The new Auris I'm going to see tonight is available in that engine, the 1.6 petrol, a hybrid and eventually the new BMW designed 2 litre TD. If they did a turbo version of the 1.3 then that could have replaced the 1.6 - as seems to be the fashion in VW & Vauxhall just now.