Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2008 Tourer Rear Light Units "fill" With Water

Hayseed

I had one replaced under warranty when it started to "fill" with water after a period of heavy rain. The other side has now developed the same fault. I don't know if I should see if I can get a small goldfish to make use of this water feature or try to find a solution!

Frustratingly light units are one of the exclusions under the T extended warranty and the T dealers won't replace without an extended look see in the workshops to estrablisht5he cause (it was the same with the last one - it seems T won't let them be replaced without a thorough investigation.)

Does anyone know if this a common issue?

If so, is the problem with a seal/leak on the light unit itself? Or is it a seal between the light unit and the body that allows water in?

Faced with uncertainty over the potential cost if T won't cover it as a goodwill guesture, I'm inclined to try a DIY repair with some silicone sealant if that is practical.

Hi,

I had the same problem. I drilled a 2mm hole in the bottom edge of each unit so the water drains down the bumper under the tailgate. No problem since.

Colin.

Thanks Colin, That might be the more reliable solution than trying to seal it.

I see there have been a number of views, but no other responses, so we must be the unlucky minority!

Cheers

Steve

No, it's common. I had it too within extended warranty but as you discovered lights are an exclusion :(