Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is My Mpg Good?

P34RC3

Hi all

Just got from a weekend away down london. I stuck between 65-75mph and managed 42.5mpg on the way there and 40.5mpg on the way back. Before i went i cleaned my egr valve as it was clogging up and i also reset my ecu.

Arron

That's pretty average for this engine. I can get mid-40's on a motorway run at the same speed, but my average is in the low 40's.

Thats fine then. Still alot more than my old focus st LOL! How do i do a DPF clear out? Or do i have to take it to the dealers for them to do it?

It's not a job you can do yourself - other than stick some cleaner/additive into the fuel mix. That can help de-soot the whole exhaust system and improve MPG further.

Some DPF's have a fluid called Eolys, which is effectively like Adblue in a truck. It uses squirts of this to automatically help the engine burn more cleanly and avoid blockage problems. When the Auris diesels regenerate, I believe they use a 5th injector to start this process.

Does the cleaner actually work? I saw some in Halfords when i pick up my millers additive. So is there no way of getting this 5th injector to do its job? Is it also true that the DPF cant be removed on the auris

i have the the 2.0 diesal, i know the first fuel bar is more than the rest, but anywayz i got 140 miles from the first bar, averaging 75-80mph on motorway down to bristol and then i think its was like 55-60 miles on the rest of the bars. GOD knows what that is as in MPG.

Until this winter struck, i was getting up to 46 mpg out of my 1.6 petrol. mostly motorways, (M1 j27-29) and dual carriageways with some inner city driving in chesterfield. but since the weather turned bad i've been struggling to keep it above 40. once i'd done 200 miles and it got to 37.9 i thought id just enjoy driving it and change the MPG counter to the time so i don't obsess about it.

It's a fact of life that in cold weather nearly all cumbustion engines use more fuel. For starting, running and of course air con for demisting, etc. Mine averaged 40.9 MPG tonight in clear traffic but -3 deg C conditions.

Mine has dropped from 48MPG to 43mpg on the same journey since the cold weather arrived, but it's much more responsive...

I have chucked some Vpower in too as I felt it was getting a bit 'lurchy' in town, and it seems to have smoothed out again. Well worth the extra £3 for the tankful.