Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T-Sport Vvti Or Vvtli?

samosa

hello all, i'm new round here and will be posting regularly as i purchased a 2003 T-Sport Celica yesterday and will take collection tomorrow.

anyways i have been looking at insurance quotes which is coming out the same price as my previous car (75bhp 1.25 Zectec Fiesta LOL) what i'm finding rather confusing is when entering the car registration on insurance websites it's coming up as a T-Sport VVTI. the HPI carried out on the car is showing it as Silver Toyota Celica T Sport VVTLi.

were there 2 versions of the T-sports, mine is 2003, if so what are the differences?

thanks in advance.

Hi, and welcome to T.O.C.

There were two versions of the T Sport, but the Engine was the same in both..a VVTi-L. If it's any help, the T Sport was in Group 15 in the old Thatcham ratings.

the prefacelift 99-02 was a vvti-190 and the newer facelift 03-06 was known as the t-sport but both had the vvtl-i engines in them, it's just the insurance company, as it states t-sport it will be correct

thanks.

i was reading this forum and came across Lift Bolts, would mine need replacing or be on the new versions?

For the small cost of replacement, it's worth changing them for peace of mind. Don't ask for "Lift Bolts" at Toyota though, they call them.."Flange Bolts".

Part number should be

90105-06293

I had a perfacelift 2001 190 before I bought my GT and changed the bolts in that, but they were already the newer shape, not sure if this affected the UK models as i'm not sure if toyota UK released a service bulleting about the bolts or if it was just the american market.

But it's worth changing for the £3 they cost

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links